What is it with Harley riders?

/ What is it with Harley riders? #391  
All I know is Hardleys are like late model cars, way over priced. I see the electric Hardley is a total flop.
Oh no, they made an electric Harley? :sick:

/ What is it with Harley riders? #392  
Is that the XJ, with the DOHC? They were snappy for the size. That was the last bike I ever rode. Some woman pulled out in front of me so I kicked the rear out and skidded around her, stalling it when I was close enough to her hood so that I could reach out and touch it. She sat there swearing at me to get the F out of her way. I took it home, parked it on the lawn and sold it that day.
No, it's the baby XS, SOHC. Not a powerhouse by any means, but still pretty fun to run to bike night at the local brewery.

I have an XJ in the shed, that's on the list to finish. :D Had a couple more of them. Fun bikes, unless carbs go south. That rack of four can be a chore.

Oh no, they made an electric Harley? :sick:

A couple of years ago.

They have since spun them off into their own brand, the LiveWire.

I wouldn't mind having one for an occasional weekend spin, but not for Harley money...

/ What is it with Harley riders? #394  
I've had more than 50 motorbikes over the years.
Never had a Harley
Now at age 71, I tell myself.......Someday....;-)

What I tell myself is "never say never". I could happen on a very cheap Harley some day. Not holding my breath, tho...

/ What is it with Harley riders? #395  
What I tell myself is "never say never". I could happen on a very cheap Harley some day. Not holding my breath, tho...
never say never, I agree. After my wife passed away I cashed in my life insurance and bought a new Harley road glide. I hadn't owned one since the AMF days. swore I would never buy another. Back to the original posters question, There probably not a legit reason for revving the newer fuel injected bikes coming to a stop other than to hear the pipes. I get that loud pipes are annoying to the public, I don't want more laws or regulations. My bikes are quiet, I don't want to draw attention of law enforcement, I don't want see my off road riding area's closed.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #396  
never say never, I agree. After my wife passed away I cashed in my life insurance and bought a new Harley road glide. I hadn't owned one since the AMF days. swore I would never buy another. Back to the original posters question, There probably not a legit reason for revving the newer fuel injected bikes coming to a stop other than to hear the pipes. I get that loud pipes are annoying to the public, I don't want more laws or regulations. My bikes are quiet, I don't want to draw attention of law enforcement, I don't want see my off road riding area's closed.
Actually, I believe there are laws requiring them to be no louder than stock. It's just one of those laws which are hard to enforce

/ What is it with Harley riders? #397  
Here is Cali there was a push for more regulation, requiring stricter enforcement . I know there are laws already on the books, law enforcement is already too busy with everything else that is going on.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #398  
Here is Cali there was a push for more regulation, requiring stricter enforcement . I know there are laws already on the books, law enforcement is already too busy with everything else that is going on.
I was thinking that as I made my post above

/ What is it with Harley riders? #399  
Do Harleys have to be like tractors, where only 'new' will do?? (emissions, electronics, complication) OMG, consider all the awesome classics of all brands mentioned(!) and/or pictured in this thread. Should non-current early-millennial H-Ds be denied appreciation? (confessed AMF-era super-fan)

Nice (real) Harleys from 'Evolution' on are a dime a dozen for <$10k - $15k. Just look for the lowest miles and fewest add-ons. btw, I'm loyal to H-D ('64-'89 here) because IMO they don't need bling or mods, and even the after-market is loaded with parts and accessories.

Disclaimer: My panhead has an 8"-over (length) girder front fork, my favorite '75 Sportster sports a bolt-on hard-tail and chrome fenders, and these are the only two of my six bikes w/o factory exhaust. (5 H-Ds but gotta have a Yamaha 650 twin) :)
The beauty of owning a Harley ..Or any other bike for that matter, Is that there is endless options to make it exactly how you want it , should you choose to modify it. Personally, Im a fan of all bikes./ New , old, It makes no difference. On some level they all serve one purpose and that is to please their owners. We went to a bike show last year durring bike week in Daytona. .. Some people undoubtedly has six figures in their bikes. A good many I wouldn't personally own, But I did admire the time and craftsmanship it took to create them. I haven't been a big fan of the HD offerings in the past 10 years, IMO, They are ugly, have garden variety paint, and they have gotten away from chrome in favour of ..what looks to me to be cheap black base level trim pieces. .. And the new 23/24 revamp body the touring models... Awful IMO.. But someone, somewhere loves it. To each their own.

/ What is it with Harley riders? #400  
Spent a couple very enjoyable hours on the KLR650 this mid day, putting around on gravel roads in the area I live.
Maybe encountered three cars. IIRC.

Sunny and warm... Two wheels is an ideal way to explore heaven....;-)