What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,491  
Does anyone else see a red wire with a female connector coming out of the rear of the alternator? Mine has that wire and it's not connected. What is it for?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,492  
Does anyone else see a red wire with a female connector coming out of the rear of the alternator? Mine has that wire and it's not connected. What is it for?
The single wire that comes in the back of the alternator? Like this one on my picture?

IMG_20230518_162700.jpg

On my tractor, that provides signal for the tachometer for RPM and for the hour meter, so it knows the engine is running and starts counting hours.

I don't know if that changed on the 2020+ models where they changed how the DPF is integrated in the tractor. I've seen more people asking about it because they found it disconnected as well.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,493  
The single wire that comes in the back of the alternator? Like this one on my picture?

View attachment 821916

On my tractor, that provides signal for the tachometer for RPM and for the hour meter, so it knows the engine is running and starts counting hours.

I don't know if that changed on the 2020+ models where they changed how the DPF is integrated in the tractor. I've seen more people asking about it because they found it disconnected as well.
Thanks! Sounds like I don't need to worry about it then.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,494  
Don't worry about them this was indeed changed when they changed the dpf system, every 15 & 20 series unit on our lot is setup like this, ptsg is correct in that they used to use this for rpm's and hours, they dont any more.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,495  
So how are they getting the tach info now?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,498  
I finally got the clutch rod replaced. I ended up having to buy the upper linkage as well because Branson/TYM upgraded the linkage to a larger diameter. The good news is both were in stock so no wait to get the parts. The bad news is this was a problem apparently to the point they quit offering the 4815C and now only offer the 4815HC. They are going to start making it again with improvements at some point according to my dealer.

The other bad news is with this bigger linkage it takes a bigger wrench to adjust the clutch and there is not hardly any room to work the wrench. That plus getting my big hands in that tight space is dang near impossible. :ROFLMAO:

At some point I will have to redesign the linkage to include a bellcrank so it will be a straight to everything instead of a bunch of bends. Just have to get creative on how to mount it.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,499  
Wanted to ask, how difficult to replace this front diff seal? Any ideas?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,500  
Wanted to ask, how difficult to replace this front diff seal? Any ideas?
Looking at the manual, doesn't look to hard to do.

Basically, pull the drive shaft cover and shaft out. This exposes the front diff input shaft and the seal is right there. A couple of self tapping screws on the face of the seal to pull it out, insert the new one in. Put everything back together.

Maybe a 1.5 hour job without rushing it.