What happened here to my tire?

/ What happened here to my tire? #21  
Yeah I think we need to steer clear of using explosives to seat a bead if you are a beginner.

Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim:
Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off.

Thats why I gave no instructions in my reply.
But it works very well.

/ What happened here to my tire?
Thanks to All. Good advice. This morning I tried the lift up with the FEL and squeeze the tire with a ratchet strap method. Success! I was parked next to the barn and had a 300 psi compressor to use, which definitely was convenient. Had to apply a tiny bit of silicone gel to one spot on outside rim to help the bead slide over, but the ratchet strap did the trick! Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
   / What happened here to my tire? #25  
Make sure you video this method if you use it and then post it here!

Maybe:

Make sure you video this method if you use it and then have someone post the remains here!

LOL.

/ What happened here to my tire? #26  
Maybe:

Make sure you video this method if you use it and then have someone post the remains here!

LOL.
I saw this done in person once on a tractor. The guy that did it had obviously done it before. The only advice he had to offer on this technique was "Don't tell my Dad I did that!" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

/ What happened here to my tire? #27  
Pale of tire soap is cheaper than a cheetah and less noisy

/ What happened here to my tire? #29  
Nice thing about using starter fluid to reseat a bead is it also inflates the tire a bit as well so you don't need much air to get it up to pressure either.

I don't recommend it for the faint hearted however. In fact I don't recommend it at all but it does work if you are so inclined.

/ What happened here to my tire? #30  
I thought sure we would hear that having a bunch of hot air onboard is all you need if liter fluid or compressor isn't available.;)