What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #532  
Poor mans forks that get by.

Using my box blade mount straps to the 3PT and a drawbar.

DSCF8222md.jpg

DSCF8227 - Copy.JPG

DSCF8231 - Copy.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #533  
Used my forks to change large heavy tires or lift trucks (one end) onto jack stands when needed.
Put the forks close together so they are just on either side of a tire then lift that corner of the vehicle

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #534  
They are handy to have, I made a cage that I can get in to wash the house, trim trees and a whole host of other things.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #535  
They are handy to have, I made a cage that I can get in to wash the house, trim trees and a whole host of other things.
Bought one at HF years ago, still works.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #536  
Not really forks but I added a receiver tube to my mask and now I can move trailers with the front.

Attachments

• 20230218_165350[1].jpg
    20230218_165350[1].jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #537  
Work platform to reach gutters, yard lights, tree branches.

Throw a sheet of 3/4 plywood on the forks for a portable outside work table. Or run the riding mower or 4-wheeler on it and lift them to a comfortable working height, push mower too.

Load empty pallets on wagon and pull to the woods landing. Grab an empty pallet, set it right next to the tree (or wood splitter) and load with green wood. Carry back to landing and set on wagon. Repeat. Unload at home when (if) you need the empty wagon.
Never touch it again until you grab the wood to put in basement.

Made a box for leaves, fallen branches and garden debris, 8 feet wide, 4X4 ends with a backwards tailgate. A pair of short chains, permanently mounted to the forks, retains it when I lift and dump. Boy, I can really pile that stuff up on the debris pile before burning it.

Last edited:
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #539  
Scoop puppies! She's 65+ pounds now lol

Puppy_bucket.jpg

Lift mowers for access to get the sticks branches out of the blades.

mower-lift.jpg
Finally, some good uses. I might just keep my bucket. Besides, we all know, puppies may show up at any time.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #540  
remove the tank from an IBC tote, cut an access hole in the cage, chain it to the fork frame, chain across the access hole, and you have a nice little work platform.

tree_bucket.jpg