What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #521  
No way! Are you coming or going? I'm a Libra... love the balance! (y)
I works unbalanced also :LOL: :
P8240013.JPG

P8310006.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #522  
Thread Bump!

Using the 42 inch forks to knock the dirt off of the roots of an old dead cedar tree:

P6190016.JPG
P6190021.JPG

View from the seat:

P6190022.JPG
P6190023.JPG

Got most of the dirt off:

P6190024.JPG

Picked it up with the forks:

P6190026.JPG

Took it to the brush pile:
P6190028.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
I'm the OP here and still only used for pallets three times. Recently I discovered "fork extensions", 7', and picked up the mother of all nasty brush piles with them. Knotted, twisted, part rotten and should have never been put there but almost all picked up and now gone. It would have taken forever by hand.

Relocating an 8x12 shed is on my short list for spring.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #524  
Move heavy stuff of all shapes and sizes. I probably could have used my grapple to lift this pipe, but the grapple is a couple hundred pounds heavier. That extra weight out front would have made this a bit more sketchy.
KIMG0017.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #525  
My older round forks made a slide on with (locking bolts) plate

Attachments

• branch removal 001.jpg
    branch removal 001.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_2184.JPG
    100_2184.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 418

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #526  
I use forks as a work table for cutting materials. And when moving everything from 3/4" rubber stall mats to RR ties. Also recently got a small single grapple for an old set of 42" forks that were idle. And I have a 4' forks on my lift that use to lift golf carts to a comfortable working height...have some 5' extensions when needed too.
Forks can be used with the tractor, the SS, and the Cat forklift around here. I use forks to move building blocks, cement, and product around. Also been used to stab a motor in a vehicle once and to move horse corral... The man lift has been used to change lights, integrate with scaffolding planks.... and more, the list goes on. Forks rock-

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #527  
I probably mentioned before, but my extended forks are made from 4"x8"x7' I-beams that I got, along with a nice chunk of 1/4"x9" flat stock so I could extend them to 8'. $40 for material, pretty cheap project.
Since they have a channel on top, they make a pretty safe platform for anything that will fit, tire wise. And for what I wanted them for originally, things that are to unwieldy for regular forks.

zt1.jpg
First.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #528  
Awesome flyerdan. Those are beastly stout.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #529  
What else do you do with a bucket besides scoop dirt ?