What do you think the problem is??

/ What do you think the problem is?? #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
My neighbor has a Cub 7260 26 HP manual trans. Yesterday he was driving it rather slow out past his pole barn and he heard what he calls a big bang just below his feet. He said it sounded like a drive shaft breaking but is isn't the drive shaft. He said the tractor shuddered and now it will not even start. It tries to start but the engine will not even turn over. It's like it's frozen. Could this be a clutch problem? Clutch assembly broken up for some reason or other and the drive line is frozen?

/ What do you think the problem is?? #2  
Could have thrown a rod. Anything could of happened try turning the engine over backwards from the front crankshaft.. you check engine oil , trans hyd oil ....

/ What do you think the problem is?? #3  
It also could be the starter Bendix due to the fact it was under/near his feet. Discount the drive shaft as it doesn't have any factor starting the engine. As other have said. "a internal part...crankshaft/camshaft or distributor shaft broke".

/ What do you think the problem is?? #4  
1) the grenade he stores under the footrest had it's pin pulled.

2) The neighbor was aiming at a woodchuck and missed.

3) It was New Years and the balloon dropped early.

4) His wife was trying to get his attention.

5) He was going too slow for the ambulance behind him and, well, ....

/ What do you think the problem is?? #5  
Can't say what it is but say it sounds expensive.
Any loud clang/clunk sudden stoppage usually = $$'s.

/ What do you think the problem is??
Does anyone know the answer to this question. All throughout the repair manual for the Cub Cadet 7260 there are references such as 719*, 723*, 727*. These numbers appear in specifications or parts call outs etc. One example is under "Transmission Specifications" 719* appears for "Gear Drive" specs. Then 723* and 727* for "Gear Drive" calls out a different set of specs. It seems like these numbers are for a sub set of model 7260 but I can find no reference to any of these numbers on the tractor model plate. Does anyone know anything about these numbers??

/ What do you think the problem is?? #7  
Put the transmission in neutral
Put the hi/lo speed range in neutral
Can you roll the tractor?
If yes - it's not a driveline problem

Put a wrench on the crankshaft pulley
If you can't turn it forward or back, there might be some bad JuJu in the engine

/ What do you think the problem is??
Well it was the clutch. A bolt came out of one of the three clutch fingers and was rolling around in there getting crunched up. Now what I need is some help from someone that has ever replaced a dual clutch arrangement on a Cub Cadet 7260. The adjustment for the height of the three bolts that make contact with the throw out bearing calls for a dimension from 3.85" to 3.90" or to use a height gage CAS2170. We don't have a height gage so lets look at those dimensions. If you look at the picture on page 141 of the service manual it shows the height gage in use but the pictures in the manual are so bad that you can't see where the height gage is getting it's reference point at. If we could get a clear picture of that height gage in use I'm sure we could come up with some way to make the measurement without having to use the height gage. So, is there anyone here on the board that has done a dual clutch replacement like this before or has any suggestions? If there is I would love to have your input.

/ What do you think the problem is?? #10