What do I need to make this connection?

/ What do I need to make this connection? #11  
Save yourself the hassle, if it’s some sort of proprietary fitting change then all. Kubota sucks for this, not sure about Kioti.
they use proprietary quick disconnects? there is only 3 kind of them generally

/ What do I need to make this connection? #12  
so we're thinking this is 1/4th

what would the maximum PSI be in something like this? I found these 1/4th to 3/8 nipple or whatever. is this sufficient @ 6000 psi? and then a 3/8th female to male quick connect. could very well be 1/2 but I rolled the dice to hopefully get it going this weekend. just concerned about that male to male reducer and whether or not that is appropriate? I've seen JIC(?) bushings as well but it seemed like 6k psi would be enough.

THANKS!
Not sure where you are getting 6000PSI.... Most systems top out about 2500PSI at most or maybe even less.....

Attachments

• qd_sizechart.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 48
   / What do I need to make this connection? #13  
Not sure where you are getting 6000PSI.... Most systems top out about 2500PSI at most or maybe even less.....
6000psi is how much the part is rated for - obviously fine for 2200-2600psi

/ What do I need to make this connection?
what you've got in your hand is the equivalent of the end of the hose behind the connector there:
View attachment 833068

You probably need the male one of these (on the right)
View attachment 833070
plus a nipple (short segment with male threads both sides)
or possibly if that's a 3/8" line in your hand and the coupler is a 1/2", you may also need a bushing.
Does this help any? part appears to say 1/2 PT-22k but that doesn't really return any results online.

also. on the attachment side... this is 1/4th JIC, correct? does the size of the hydraulic hose matter? IE can I get a female to female 1/4JIC to 1/2 JIC, carry out the line with new 1/2 inch hose and then terminate with the 1/2 inch coupler?

Attachments

• PXL_20231124_215337739.jpg
    PXL_20231124_215337739.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20231124_222731743.jpg
    PXL_20231124_222731743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
   / What do I need to make this connection? #15  
Does this help any? part appears to say 1/2 PT-22k but that doesn't really return any results online.

also. on the attachment side... this is 1/4th JIC, correct? does the size of the hydraulic hose matter? IE can I get a female to female 1/4JIC to 1/2 JIC, carry out the line with new 1/2 inch hose and then terminate with the 1/2 inch coupler?
Maybe this will help..

And...

Attachments

• thread_guide.pdf
    303.5 KB · Views: 47
   / What do I need to make this connection? #16  

No one here can really tell you the exact sizes, they do dumb things with hoses, you can have 1/4 hoses, and 3/8 and 1/2 inches ends installed.

you either need to measure them with a caliper and go figure it out against a chart, or and by far the easiest, is take the hose from the attachment, and the quick disconnect from the 3rd function to a hydraulic store, and tell them to make either a end for your hose that works, or adapters to make it work,

you probably just need a jic to npt to qd male setup, but what size that's going to be needs to be measured.

I had to use a jic5-6 adapter to make some of my stuff work etc.... hydraulic fittings are all over place, its ridiculous.

it can also be sae 45 or jis 30, you really can't tell easily, I actually pulled my fittings into cad software to measure the angles on the seat to confirm, its ridiculous.

No one here can really tell you the exact sizes, they do dumb things with hoses, you can have 1/4 hoses, and 3/8 and 1/2 inches ends installed.

you either need to measure them with a caliper and go figure it out against a chart, or and by far the easiest, is take the hose from the attachment, and the quick disconnect from the 3rd function to a hydraulic store, and tell them to make either a end for your hose that works, or adapters to make it work,

you probably just need a jic to npt to qd male setup, but what size that's going to be needs to be measured.

I had to use a jic5-6 adapter to make some of my stuff work etc.... hydraulic fittings are all over place, its ridiculous.

it can also be sae 45 or jis 30, you really can't tell easily, I actually pulled my fittings into cad software to measure the angles on the seat to confirm, its ridiculous.
That's what I'm finding in my, now month long, tractor ownership journey. absolutely nothing is really standardized nor is anything easy to find online. Still trying to find hydraulic cylinders for top and tilt. Was going to check PSI on tires last time I was there because of apparent ballast leakage but the tire stem is no where to be found (I'm sure it's somewhere it just isnt on the front unless I have to unbolt steel to get to it). I JUST found out that you likely have to cut PTO shafts on implements to properly line up? Geez.
I thought it'd be simple to replace this hydraulic line. I asked the dealer to identify the couplers but instead they sent me a picture of them. which doesn't help a lick since I know exactly what they look like. I figured it'd be easier to "ask the audience" which has gotten me much closer to a solution. looks like female JIC to larger either male or female JIC to new hose to male or female JIC to male NPT to Quick Connect.
based on dealers pictures I really think this is 5675? does that make sense? do you agree? 1st picture is know 1/2 AG Hydraulic quick connect iso 5675. 2nd picture is dealer.

If this still isn't right I guess I can drive out to dealer and pick up some QDs and work my way backwards. I appreciate all the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-132333.png
    Screenshot_20231127-132333.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231127_132130.jpg
    IMG_20231127_132130.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
That's what I'm finding in my, now month long, tractor ownership journey. absolutely nothing is really standardized nor is anything easy to find online. Still trying to find hydraulic cylinders for top and tilt. Was going to check PSI on tires last time I was there because of apparent ballast leakage but the tire stem is no where to be found (I'm sure it's somewhere it just isnt on the front unless I have to unbolt steel to get to it). I JUST found out that you likely have to cut PTO shafts on implements to properly line up? Geez.
I thought it'd be simple to replace this hydraulic line. I asked the dealer to identify the couplers but instead they sent me a picture of them. which doesn't help a lick since I know exactly what they look like. I figured it'd be easier to "ask the audience" which has gotten me much closer to a solution. looks like female JIC to larger either male or female JIC to new hose to male or female JIC to male NPT to Quick Connect.
based on dealers pictures I really think this is 5675? does that make sense? do you agree? 1st picture is dealer. 2nd picture is know 1/2 AG Hydraulic quick connect iso 5675.

If this still isn't right I guess I can drive out to dealer and pick up some QDs and work my way backwards. I appreciate all the help!
So what I've got is
from implement cylinder - 1/4 female JIC to 3/8 Male JIC.
3/8 female JIC to 1/2 Male JIC
1/2 inch hose with female JIC on both ends.
1/2 JIC male to 1/2 NPT male.
1/2 NPT female Quick Disconnect (iso 5675) pair.

Assuming I mate up with fitting on implement and quick disconnects is there anything in between that raises "this is gonna explode" flags?

also.. is there a specific male/female circuit? in other words. does it matter which side of cylinder on implement goes to female quick disconnect vs male quick disconnect? or is it just hook one up to male and one up to female?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127-154116.png
    Screenshot_20231127-154116.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20231127-154136.png
    Screenshot_20231127-154136.png
    626.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231127-154156.png
    Screenshot_20231127-154156.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20231127-154005.png
    Screenshot_20231127-154005.png
    624.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20231127-132333.png
    Screenshot_20231127-132333.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
   / What do I need to make this connection? #19  
So what I've got is
from implement cylinder - 1/4 female JIC to 3/8 Male JIC.
3/8 female JIC to 1/2 Male JIC
1/2 inch hose with female JIC on both ends.
1/2 JIC male to 1/2 NPT male.
1/2 NPT female Quick Disconnect (iso 5675) pair.

Assuming I mate up with fitting on implement and quick disconnects is there anything in between that raises "this is gonna explode" flags?
im a bit confused on all the sizes, it should only need adapters on the side to the qc on the loader

generally it is the 1/2 5675 for the QC,

you may be able to jump and simply use something from here (love this place and their prices)
, you can jump sizes in one fitting

im a bit confused on all the sizes, it should only need adapters on the side to the qc on the loader

generally it is the 1/2 5675 for the QC,

you may be able to jump and simply use something from here (love this place and their prices)
, you can jump sizes in one fitting

That would make more sense but there is some damage on one of the hoses on implement (1/4 inch) so it made sense (to me) to switch them out with new ones and I opted for 1/2 inch.

so I guess, instead of converting from 1/4 to 1/2 on tractor side, I'm doing it on implement side.

Thinking about it a bit more (and knowing what I know now after several hours of browsing fittings online) it WOULD definitely be more simple to stay with 1/4 inch hoses and use a single straight through male JIC to male NPT reducer.

Last edited: