What do I need to make this connection?

/ What do I need to make this connection? #21  
if you had hoses made, why didn't you just put 1/2 on one side and 1/4 on the other? did they not tell you that was possible, because it is

/ What do I need to make this connection? #22  
I'd use 1/4" hoses and adapt the tractor end of the hose to the 1/2" quick connect. 1/4 hoses are easier to run and work with, and if the implement cylinders have 1/4" JIC then they won't be impeding the flow.

JIC is a lot easier to deal with than NPT, so I try to use JIC everywhere except when I need to adapt to an NPT fitting like a quick connect. NPT seals by deforming the threads, which means you need a sealant, the fittings need to be really tight, and you can't loosen and retighten them many times or the seal made by the threads isn't as good. JIC has none of those drawbacks.

Hoses with female JIC on both ends are super common. I'd rather have a common easily available hose and use adaptors (which are never going to break) to get to a different size or fitting than have a custom hose made with different sizes or fittings on each end.

I use LockTite 545 to seal hydraulic NPT threads. Let it cure for a day before using it.

/ What do I need to make this connection?
I'd use 1/4" hoses and adapt the tractor end of the hose to the 1/2" quick connect. 1/4 hoses are easier to run and work with, and if the implement cylinders have 1/4" JIC then they won't be impeding the flow.

JIC is a lot easier to deal with than NPT, so I try to use JIC everywhere except when I need to adapt to an NPT fitting like a quick connect. NPT seals by deforming the threads, which means you need a sealant, the fittings need to be really tight, and you can't loosen and retighten them many times or the seal made by the threads isn't as good. JIC has none of those drawbacks.

Hoses with female JIC on both ends are super common. I'd rather have a common easily available hose and use adaptors (which are never going to break) to get to a different size or fitting than have a custom hose made with different sizes or fittings on each end.

I use LockTite 545 to seal hydraulic NPT threads. Let it cure for a day before using it.

good info. hadn't considered sealant.

what happens if a fitting comes loose? death and destruction or a bit of an annoyance?

also. back to a previous question. does it matter which hose from implement goes to which side (male/female) QC on tractor? I assume it doesn't matter but I also assume all of my assumptions will destroy my tractor.

/ What do I need to make this connection? #24  
ton of fluid comes out. and if the cylinder is holding something its going to drop it. hose end doesn't matter as long as there is no check valves in the line

/ What do I need to make this connection? #25  
what happens if a fitting comes loose? death and destruction or a bit of an annoyance?
if the cylinder is holding something its going to drop it
(emphasis added)
so yes potentially death and destruction, depending on what's going on under things

Which is not to say "don't do it!" just, do it right, get the right threads, the right size, connect things well...

/ What do I need to make this connection? #26  
That's what I'm finding in my, now month long, tractor ownership journey. absolutely nothing is really standardized nor is anything easy to find online. Still trying to find hydraulic cylinders for top and tilt. Was going to check PSI on tires last time I was there because of apparent ballast leakage but the tire stem is no where to be found (I'm sure it's somewhere it just isnt on the front unless I have to unbolt steel to get to it). I JUST found out that you likely have to cut PTO shafts on implements to properly line up? Geez.
I thought it'd be simple to replace this hydraulic line. I asked the dealer to identify the couplers but instead they sent me a picture of them. which doesn't help a lick since I know exactly what they look like. I figured it'd be easier to "ask the audience" which has gotten me much closer to a solution. looks like female JIC to larger either male or female JIC to new hose to male or female JIC to male NPT to Quick Connect.
based on dealers pictures I really think this is 5675? does that make sense? do you agree? 1st picture is know 1/2 AG Hydraulic quick connect iso 5675. 2nd picture is dealer.

If this still isn't right I guess I can drive out to dealer and pick up some QDs and work my way backwards. I appreciate all the help!
You can always order a T&T set from Fit Rite Hydraulics. Custom built for your Kioti.

Or Michigan Iron used to have them.

/ What do I need to make this connection?
(emphasis added)
so yes potentially death and destruction, depending on what's going on under things

Which is not to say "don't do it!" just, do it right, get the right threads, the right size, connect things well...
So, I'm curious if I'm not doing SOMETHING wrong. but I can't get these new parts to tighten completely on each other. especially the 1/2 inch male NPT to QD(1/2 female NPT). The threads line up great and mate up perfectly for the first 4 threads or so and then it just won't turn/go on any further. There's about another 6 to go. If NPT doesn't go with NPT then I'm at a loss. Attaching pictures of what I bought. they should most certainly work together from what I see. maybe it's just not supposed to go on further but it definitely doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205-112327.png
    Screenshot_20231205-112327.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20231205-112427.png
    Screenshot_20231205-112427.png
    371.9 KB · Views: 37
   / What do I need to make this connection? #29  
So, I'm curious if I'm not doing SOMETHING wrong. but I can't get these new parts to tighten completely on each other. especially the 1/2 inch male NPT to QD(1/2 female NPT). The threads line up great and mate up perfectly for the first 4 threads or so and then it just won't turn/go on any further. There's about another 6 to go. If NPT doesn't go with NPT then I'm at a loss. Attaching pictures of what I bought. they should most certainly work together from what I see. maybe it's just not supposed to go on further but it definitely doesn't seem right to me.
Are you sure your couplers have npt thread?
Could as well be bpt. The image doesn't say either. That's straight and npt won't thread in very far.