What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #34  
@Yander man, I hate bearing bad news like that, but you did the right thing. I followed the Titan XD from when it was announced, through it's development, and into it's production; it was going to be the truck to replace my 2006 Silverado, and be more akin to the 2003 1500HD I had years back. Well, I ended up buying a RAM; the truck deserved better than what Nissan delivered. It's gorgeous, comfortable, and it was something different; refreshing. Plus, Cummins.

Instead, it was a nightmare for too many owners. I hate this, because if it were a gasser this would still be a congratulations thread for the Nissan XD. None the less that Toyota ought to be one hell of a truck, you'll love it, even if it hurts for a bit.

/ What did you buy this week?
@Yander man, I hate bearing bad news like that, but you did the right thing. I followed the Titan XD from when it was announced, through it's development, and into it's production; it was going to be the truck to replace my 2006 Silverado, and be more akin to the 2003 1500HD I had years back. Well, I ended up buying a RAM; the truck deserved better than what Nissan delivered. It's gorgeous, comfortable, and it was something different; refreshing. Plus, Cummins.

Instead, it was a nightmare for too many owners. I hate this, because if it were a gasser this would still be a congratulations thread for the Nissan XD. None the less that Toyota ought to be one hell of a truck, you'll love it, even if it hurts for a bit.

Ha, well, had you not said something, I may have found out about it too late. So, "feedback is a gift" my boss always says. I'm happy with the Tundra, it may take another week or so for my wallet to stop paining me in the @$$.

The conversation with the Tundra salesman, and my insurance lady were humbling to say the least LOL.

/ What did you buy this week? #36  
I bought $7,500 more of my daughter’s college tuition.
One more semester and her University can kiss my @ss forever!
My son has graduated and not one year too soon.
Congratulations!

/ What did you buy this week? #37  
A new Honda motor for my Echo wheeled string trimmer. The Kohler crapped out after 5 years. This with regular oil and air filter changes. I’m hoping the Honda will last a bit longer.

/ What did you buy this week? #38  
Not a purchase but an unplanned expense of $300+ to rent a man lift on Monday. Tenant called and a limb had broken in an oak tree and was dangling next to a 4 lane state highway in town. Luckily, I was still in town. Rented the manlift and blocked off a lane of traffic and had the limb cut loose in less than an hour. Still cost the same rate so we used it to do some other trimming too. Now I want to buy a towable manlift.

/ What did you buy this week? #40  
I "thought" I also needed a diesel pickup. So I bought a used Chevy 6.5L turbo diesel with only 118K miles on it. It turned out to be a real dog and a money-pit. Best days of my life were like buying a boat, i.e. the day I bought it and the day I sold it.
Lesson Learned: I didn't need a diesel to pull my little utility tractor on a trailer.
You just bought the wrong diesel.
Give it another try and look for the Cummins or Duramax badge next time.