What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #21  
Thin wrenches. Metric & SAE
I set one on edge, it goes from 1/4" to 1 1/16"
20231101_084238.jpg

/ What did you buy this week? #22  
What brand are those. I keep intending to buy a couple sets of those. We always called them tappet wrenches.

My major purchase has been candy for our trunk or treats at church. Twerent cheap

I have a friend that has the gas version in the same color. He loves it.

/ What did you buy this week? #23  
I may not have done enough, but I did read about some problems with the diesel. I may have screwed up. We'll see I guess.
I "thought" I also needed a diesel pickup. So I bought a used Chevy 6.5L turbo diesel with only 118K miles on it. It turned out to be a real dog and a money-pit. Best days of my life were like buying a boat, i.e. the day I bought it and the day I sold it.
Lesson Learned: I didn't need a diesel to pull my little utility tractor on a trailer.

/ What did you buy this week? #25  
Some beer. Everything is fixed and the harvest season is over with stellar results. I am rewarding my equipment and myself!

/ What did you buy this week?
Well, @tacticalturnip when you asked me if I did the research, I actually had not done enough on specifically the Titan XD, I had researched the Titan but the XD is a different animal (at least the turbo version). I then searched for more info and realized I had made a BIG mistake. So, I bit the bullet, cut my losses and dumped the Nissan XD. I traded it tonight for this 2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L. Had 90k miles on it and a clean Carfax with religious oil changes.

No, I am not made of money and it hurt, let me tell you. After reading some of the horror stories and watching youtube videos on how to avoid being one of those horror stories, by deleting your emissions and hoping and praying over the transmission, turbo and whatever else to not fail, I decided that's not for me.

The problem, Nissan did a bunch of crap to that Cummins that screwed it up and there were a lot of issues with it and everything attached to it. The Cummins and transmission pairing and other things Nissan did was a huge flop on the XD. The gasser is probably fine.

Don't ask me any details on the $$$ because I'm not talking about it. I'm putting that in the rear view and enjoying my Tundra. I also have a 2002 Tundra I'm trying to decide if I am selling or not, runs great.

So, here is today's purchase and the second truck I bought this week.... Salesman said it was a first for him. Hopefully the last for me. :cautious:

1698885833807.png

1698886199777.png

@ultrarunner I hear ya, I'll be eating beans and rice for a while, luckily I like them both.

/ What did you buy this week?
100 ton of chicken manure

I've been paying a semi-local kid to delivery me horse manure. Cheaper than paying a commercial organics company to deliver it. I just pay for his diesel fuel and he is happy and so am I.

There are piles of chicken crap all around me and very soon, clouds of chicken crap all around me for a few days. Part of living in the middle of farm country, pretty used to it.

/ What did you buy this week? #29  
What brand are those. I keep intending to buy a couple sets of those. We always called them tappet wrenches.

My major purchase has been candy for our trunk or treats at church. Twerent cheap

I have a friend that has the gas version in the same color. He loves it.
They work OK, seem well made, ordered from Amazon, came from Tennessee & it doesn't say anywhere where they're made.
Hoping USA but Amazon description says China of course. I use them mostly when I put 2 nuts on a bolt or threaded rod for secure lock tightened together.
2023_11_01_10.11.02.jpg

/ What did you buy this week? #30  
They work OK, seem well made, ordered from Amazon, came from Tennessee & it doesn't say anywhere where they're made.
Hoping USA but Amazon description says China of course. I use them mostly when I put 2 nuts on a bolt or threaded rod for secure lock tightened together.View attachment 829874

Thanks