weld pac 100

/ weld pac 100 #31  
Thanks for the replys guys. As always a great learning experience here on the boards. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ weld pac 100 #32  
I like to clean my welds with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder, paddle switch style (dewalt,) with a coarse wire brush cup of good quality. Wear safety glasses and face shield, along with ear protection when using the grinder.

/ weld pac 100 #33  
For stick welding (ideally any welding process, but particularly any process that uses flux rather than gas shielding), another absolute requirement is one folks often forget: safety glasses. I'm talking in addition to a welding hood, here. Typically, you run a bead with a stick electrode, then open the hood, and chip the slag off with the chipping hammer/brush, brush the loose slag off, then drop your hood and run another bead. Thing is, the slag is also cooling from about 3200 degrees, and it can pop off unexpectedly. You definitely don't want the equivalent of 2000 degree glass to hit you in the eye, so wear good shatter-resistant safety glasses underneath your welding hood!

Dave

/ weld pac 100 #34  
Brett, i used my lincoln sp-100-t exclusively on my loader and backhoe projects and i've yet to break a weld. check out the "heavy" equipment i built at my site... P.F. Engineering

Attachments

• 273890-BHL_7.jpg
    273890-BHL_7.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 143