Way too much snow

/ Way too much snow #31  
ArlyA - premium brand ATV. Its what the local ATV dealer recommended when I thought of replacing my 2002 Polaris. The Polaris still works for me, so I'll keep it.

I've got a friend that lives up that way. Keeps wanting me to come visit in the winter. We have been there in the summer - beautiful place. Ontonagon,MI. I think he has ulterior motives for me and a winter visit.

God - 48" in 48 hours!!! That's almost becoming scary. Tractor or no - a person could get a tad freaked out at that rate. Keeping an open driveway could be a matter of safety - not just a pleasing project.

However - if like around here. We get a heavy snow. I plow my mile long gravel driveway. It takes the county two more days to even get to our county road. You venture out on the unplowed county road. The view in the rear view mirror shows your rear differential making drag marks in the unplowed snow. You question the wisdom of your venture.

/ Way too much snow #32  
Unbelievable amount of snow for the high desert...:confused2::eek:. I have about 5-6 hours into digging out of a grand total of 39.75" over 3 days. The piles are 5-6' high and go all the way down the drive for about 1500'. Had to do it all with the bucket. If this keeps up for the rest of the season, I'll definitely need to buy a blower!

You did very well considering the distance and the amount of snow . I would have guessed more than the 5 or 6 hrs. it took you with just a bucket .

/ Way too much snow #33  
Crazy how winter works some times;just on the news the Tug Hill region doesn't have enough snow to open the snowmobile trails;they got close to 400 inches last year.

/ Way too much snow #34  
Your friends in Ont, won't get all that much snow. You need to be away from the lake, and be behind a hill to receive lake effect.. The city, county and state are all quite good at snow removal. Go figure, they are used to it. We rarely close schools here.

ArlyA -
I've got a friend that lives up that way. Keeps wanting me to come visit in the winter. We have been there in the summer - beautiful place. Ontonagon,MI. I think he has ulterior motives for me and a winter visit.

God - 48" in 48 hours!!! That's almost becoming scary. Tractor or no - a person could get a tad freaked out at that rate. Keeping an open driveway could be a matter of safety - not just a pleasing project.

However - if like around here. We get a heavy snow. I plow my mile long gravel driveway. It takes the county two more days to even get to our county road. You venture out on the unplowed county road. The view in the rear view mirror shows your rear differential making drag marks in the unplowed snow. You question the wisdom of your venture.

/ Way too much snow #35  
Your friends in Ont, won't get all that much snow. You need to be away from the lake, and be behind a hill to receive lake effect.. The city, county and state are all quite good at snow removal. Go figure, they are used to it. We rarely close schools here.

----------------------------------------------
Man, what I'd give for some good old lake effect snow! I'm in the Leelanau Peninsula, so Lake Michigan is our snow maker, not Lake Superior like you have. We don't get as much as you guys get, but lake effect is usually pretty reliable (200" last winter, 265" a few years ago). This year, though, we're way, way behind where we should be....less than a foot on the ground up in my woods. Bitterly cold and windy here the last few days, too, but only a little snow. Guess I'll have to console myself with memories of the 30" we got last April 13th to 16th. IMG_20180416_171549694_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

/ Way too much snow #36  
To date we're now at 116". Last year at this time we were at 215. Don't they this freak to many people out, its not all that much... I'll try get a photo of our yard today.

/ Way too much snow #37  
%bP6nK2CQIKNRnK3T3Q0QQ.jpgI know the feeling of too much snow. This is in the NC mountains. When they call for snow I need to remember to have tractor facing the right way.

/ Way too much snow #38  
We've had good snow here on the south shore of da lake and may have rolled over the 150". Its been near continual for about three weeks now. Many photos on the dogs blog The Trail Mutt Reports

Attachments

• P1020707.jpg
    P1020707.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 147
   / Way too much snow #39  
I well know the feeling.
LOL, it is no wonder why I have 4 foot drift cutters on my snow blower.
Where my drive meets the road The snow banks are so high that no way can I see an oncoming car.
In fact in the city near me all intersections are piled up at the corners in the same way.
It is 'hay day' at the local body shops with all the fender benders.
Thankfully I have AWD along with anti skid and other options on my AWD KIA as I need them just to get out of my driveway.

/ Way too much snow #40  
Plenty of snow at the cabin in Austria...

Shaping up to be one for the record books going back decades...

Plenty of roofs failing and this is IN snow country.

My 75 year old neighbor shoveling snow off my roof and won't accept a Euro for it.

Attachments

• Austria Snow January 2019.jpg
    Austria Snow January 2019.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Austria Snow January 2019 roof.JPG
    Austria Snow January 2019 roof.JPG
    543.1 KB · Views: 137