Warning light guards.

/ Warning light guards. #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I searched for warning light guards to put on my CK3510SE. Dealer said that Kioti did not have any.
I found some on ebay, but they are mounted to the tractor using only the light.
Also they were only 2" deep. My warning lights are over 2".
I decided to make my own out of 1/8" X 3" flat steel that bolt to the tractor using the light & light mounding bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_092118270.jpg
    IMG_20190504_092118270.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20190504_084719605.jpg
    IMG_20190504_084719605.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20190504_091838509.jpg
    IMG_20190504_091838509.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 322
   / Warning light guards. #2  
You've got me thinking. It's probably a miracle that I haven't broken mine yet.

/ Warning light guards. #3  
I like the looks...good job. :thumbsup:

/ Warning light guards. #4  
Hope you don't mind, I essentially copied your design, and am in the middle of fabricating a pair of these. I've got 100hrs on my ck3510se, and I've broken one of these lights 3 times already. Hope mine look as good as your when I'm finished and paint them. Thanks for the idea!

/ Warning light guards.
Hope you don't mind, I essentially copied your design, and am in the middle of fabricating a pair of these. I've got 100hrs on my ck3510se, and I've broken one of these lights 3 times already. Hope mine look as good as your when I'm finished and paint them. Thanks for the idea!

I do not mind at all. I posted then to help others.

/ Warning light guards. #6  
Looks nice. Like it was original equipment.
Dealer here suggested moving them to the mounting holes on the fenders. Haven't done it yet.

/ Warning light guards. #7  
Here's how mine turned out. I wanted to add some kind of additional protection front and back...I used some 3/16 rod, but I ran out. Gonna grab another stick sometime, and add a vertical and horizontal piece inside the diamond, if that makes sense. The rods on the back of the guard are welded in place, the front is hinged, to allow for bulb changes. Pretty happy with how they turned out, but after painting it was obvious I should've spent more time cleaning up my welds and whatnot.
20190531_181943.jpg
20190531_181921.jpg

/ Warning light guards.
Looks good. I like the added protection.

/ Warning light guards. #9  
Here's how mine turned out. I wanted to add some kind of additional protection front and back...I used some 3/16 rod, but I ran out. Gonna grab another stick sometime, and add a vertical and horizontal piece inside the diamond, if that makes sense. The rods on the back of the guard are welded in place, the front is hinged, to allow for bulb changes. Pretty happy with how they turned out, but after painting it was obvious I should've spent more time cleaning up my welds and whatnot.
View attachment 607115
View attachment 607114

I like the design though I thought I might use expanded steel instead of the rod to give a bit more protection. Is that a tool box you have mounted a bit lower? Could you post a couple of pics of that or point me to the thread if you have already post pictures.

Thanks

Rancho
CK20 HST

/ Warning light guards. #10  
I like the design though I thought I might use expanded steel instead of the rod to give a bit more protection. Is that a tool box you have mounted a bit lower? Could you post a couple of pics of that or point me to the thread if you have already post pictures.

Thanks

Rancho
CK20 HST

Yeah, I'm gonna grab some more rod one of these days, and add a few more bars for added protection. The toolbox is just the standard little one that comes with a ck3510se. It's pretty small, but enough to keep a couple wrenches and a handful of different pins and whatnot. I can take a pic or two when I get home.