WALKER ZTR

/ WALKER ZTR #1  

6thgpSF

Gold Member
Tractor
YM1610d bobcat 863 Gh 928d
I stopped by the Kubota dealer today to check out the ZTR mowers and he was carring a front mount ZTR by the name of Walker.It looks to be a nice unit with a drive shaft to power the deck like the Kubota.The only thing I question on the one I looked at is the 18h Vanguard.anyone outthere have one of these machines.The model I looked at is a MB with a 48"deck.he was wanting $7700.00 for it.I also looked at a ZG222-48 which had a 22h Kubota gas that he was asking $8400.00 . any thoughts on this machine? russ

/ WALKER ZTR #2  
The guy I bought my grasshopper from went to a walker. He was a nut, he has around 2 acres of lawn that were setup like greens. The grasshopper would not get a super low cut that he wanted. He irrigates all the time and mows 2 to 3 times a week.
Anyway, the walker he had was supper nice. Rear hopper with power dumping very cool. Provided him with the super low cut he wanted (the a green).
I think they are for very manicured lawns, but this is just my impression. He said that he thought the grasshopper was more of a brute, and the walker was more of finesse mower.
Anyway, I am very happy with my "brute".
Good luck, Dave

/ WALKER ZTR #3  
i dont have one, but theres a local company with several that do some large properties like malls and motels. Lawns certainly arent like a golf green, but what a typical homeowner would have.

Very nice cut, with a lower centre of gravity for inclines. Plus they have a excellent bagging system that doesnt stick out and has a high dump option.

Read up on some of the other lawn maintenance sites, Walker has one of the best reps for quality of cut.

/ WALKER ZTR
Thanks guys,maybe someone can critique the Kubota gas engines? how about the vanguard engines,are they pretty durable engines? russ

/ WALKER ZTR #5  
Thanks guys,maybe someone can critique the Kubota gas engines? how about the vanguard engines,are they pretty durable engines? russ

My trim mower has 470 hours on a 16hp vanguard. So far lost one fuel pump at about 300 hours. No oil leaks or usage to date.