UTV Hours

/ UTV Hours #11  
I have 950 hours and 6500 miles on my 2004.5 Sportsman 500 H.O. Plowed for first 8 years of it's life.
All the suspension bushings are getting play in them now, had a U-joint fail and there is play in the wheel bearings. And wore the needle jet off in the carb.
But still using it.

They don't make them like that any more. I bought a new 570 a few years ago and it didn't make the first week before it started falling apart. So got rid of it and kept the 04.

/ UTV Hours
I have 950 hours and 6500 miles on my 2004.5 Sportsman 500 H.O. Plowed for first 8 years of it's life.
All the suspension bushings are getting play in them now, had a U-joint fail and there is play in the wheel bearings. And wore the needle jet off in the carb.
But still using it.

They don't make them like that any more. I bought a new 570 a few years ago and it didn't make the first week before it started falling apart. So got rid of it and kept the 04.
Sounds like a rough life! Glad to hear it is still rockin' and rollin'!

/ UTV Hours #14  
But still using it.

That's more like it.
Even my truck won't make the "60 x hours = mileage" theory.

/ UTV Hours #15  
You don’t say what UTV you are considering, but my 2008 RTV has 1600 hours and showing no signs of mechanical issues

my neighbor has a 1996 TORO belt Drive, guessing 2500 hrs, that still runs, but I don’t know how.

/ UTV Hours #17  
I got a diesel because that's what was available during COVID. Also, my tractors are diesel so I have a bulk tank for diesel. I have one 5 gal can for gas that I use for my lawn mower.

/ UTV Hours #18  
Can you tell me how you got that conversion?
On my road vehicles I find I average 55 kph on trips which factors in stop-n-go for traffic, stop signs, traffic lights.

1,000 hour approx = 55,000km

Off road will be less

If you let your machine idle a lot then the mileage conversion will be way off. If you buy a used government fleet vehicle you will find low mileage but very high engine hours.

I have approx 100 hours on my UTV now and 1,000km on the odometer

/ UTV Hours #19  
This is a miles question rather than an hours one, but I guess the two are related...

Is 1000 miles consider low time on a UTV? (2022 Honda Pioneer).

/ UTV Hours #20  
This is a miles question rather than an hours one, but I guess the two are related...

Is 1000 miles consider low time on a UTV? (2022 Honda Pioneer).
That is probably 180 - 240hrs. Yes that's low miles for a UTV.