UTV Hours

/ UTV Hours #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
What do you consider to be high hours on a UTV?

/ UTV Hours #2  
750 hours

/ UTV Hours #3  
Sort of depends on the make, model, and mileage.

If it is a high-performance turbo model, I would start getting concerned with higher hrs than, say, a normally aspired utility machine that may spend a lot of time idling.

A lot also has to do with the maintenance the machine received and how it was used. A low hr machine that is used for mudding could be a LOT worse than a high hr machine someone just checked property lines and drove to the "neighbor's" houses to visit.

/ UTV Hours #4  
I don't know about hours but I put 1k miles a year on each of my two machines.Easy miles no mud bogging.Traded a Rhino with 4k miles and it was perfect;only traded to upgrade.
MY BIL has a 1998 Honda Foreman with 13K rough miles(five teenagers when he bought it).

/ UTV Hours #5  
750 hours converts to around 45,000 miles.

/ UTV Hours #6  
750 hours converts to around 45,000 miles.
Ya, if you always running 60 mph. on my machine im probably doing 20 or less. Its used for maint on property. I have over 1000 hours on mine, and its still running strong. Gets yearly maintenance.

and if your doing 60 in a utv, i personally think your nuts. They dont have much protection.

EDIT: just looked, 1205 hours. looked as i was tooling around in snow covered trails at 10 mph.

Last edited:
   / UTV Hours #8  
   / UTV Hours
Lots of 1000 hour machines on FB marketplace still going for $8k and up. Now that I think about it that is a little ridiculous. But it does depend on what they did with these machines. One I am looking at has 1079 hours but it was used by groundskeepers at a university. So probably never off road, 1000 easy hours makes a big difference I would say.

/ UTV Hours #10  
Ya, if you always running 60 mph. on my machine im probably doing 20 or less. Its used for maint on property. I have over 1000 hours on mine, and its still running strong. Gets yearly maintenance.

and if your doing 60 in a utv, i personally think your nuts. They dont have much protection.
It tries to find a factor or sweet spot that measures easy work time with hard idling time. Idling time is hard on bearing surface as the oil pressure is lower.