Utility Trailer Question

/ Utility Trailer Question
Wow. I'm impressed that you can haul that much stuff around with any 2-wheeler. My BCS has been in the shop for a spring tune-up the past 3 weeks, but I will retrieve it tomorrow and start getting it setup with the tow coupler as soon as I get a large patch of prickly-ash cut.

/ Utility Trailer Question #22  
Ready to roll.
View attachment 602530

I think next I'd like to figure out a mount for a chainsaw, and maybe a better seating system. Still, I'm pretty happy with how useful it is given I had the trailer lying around. Anyone know if you can buy a rattle can of paint in Grillo Green?

I think that model trailer just seems to attract children,,, :eek:

VH93LT8.jpg

:thumbsup:

So.... I finally got all the bits and pieces together along with the BCS back from its Spring TuneUP. Yes, it works but I have to admit I'm not totally satisfied with the results. First, I used a simple 2x6 across the front of the small utility trailer as a temporary seat. Trouble is I keep sliding around and fear I may eventually slide right off! Not good. Also, the BCS has a VERY wide turning circle when used this way. I assume there's nothing I can do about this. And, the clutch does not fully release so it creeps forward even when the clutch lever is locked open. Will have to investigate further. Hope to get a good picture soon. Sudden rain storm prevented any photo opportunity today.

/ Utility Trailer Question #25  
Here are a few pictures of my 605 in use with my trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
   / Utility Trailer Question #26  
The tongue on my trailer is quite low so I had to make a different type of adapter to make up the height difference and connect to the BCS Curved Coupler (92247720).
Drawbar-Adapter_01.jpg Drawbar-Adapter_02.jpg Coupler-Adapter_01.jpg Coupler-Adapter_02.jpg

/ Utility Trailer Question #27  
The tongue on my trailer is quite low so I had to make a different type of adapter to make up the height difference and connect to the BCS Curved Coupler (92247720).

Very nicely done, lots of adjustment. A lot nicer than my piece of used gas pipe :)

Thanks for the video. I am really crunching gears now so will have to adjust the clutch asap. I added some vinyl sheets I had to the wood seat and foot rest, but I still seem to be sliding around a lot. Will have to find a solution to that too.

UPDATE: found a pipe scrap at the local ACE Hardware store which fit the tow coupler from Earthtools perfectly. Simple assembly and off I go. Unfortunately, I've found some problems. Clutch adjustment when I switch controls around is a real pain. Wide turning radius makes use in the orchard difficult. With any real load in the trailer, the BCS doesn't have enough traction to climb my hills. Have to split any loads and do two trips. Board for a seat was a lousy idea as I keep sliding around on turns and slopes. Really had hoped this would work, but need to rethink whole idea.

thanks for all the suggestions, input, links, ideas and etc. much appreciated !

/ Utility Trailer Question #30  
You may have already consulted these, but I think there are procedures for switching the handlebars around to ensure they work properly.

As far as sliding, you might install a couple of pieces of wood on either side of where your butt goes to make a sort of low-rent 'bucket' seat. Let us know if that works. I have similar plans in the works, and a board was among them.