Using a container to store implements

/ Using a container to store implements #41  
They’re $5000

The reason we chose a container is they’re mouse proof. We can’t afford ventilation or loose doors mice could access
Do the ventilation high on the side and screen it. Totally understand about mice issues.

/ Using a container to store implements #42  
Do the ventilation high on the side and screen it. Totally understand about mice issues.
In order for ventilation to work, you need high and low vents. And I agree, vents can certifiably be made mouse proof.

/ Using a container to store implements
We have a 40 ‘ container off grid in NY, $5000, in which we store tractor, quads, tools etc. Condensation is an issue in NY, during the fall and winter things inside get damp. You’ll need 4x8 sheets of rigid insulation strung across the inside roof to catch the condensation. Your solar idea won’t fly as your looking at $500 minimum for 100 AH battery and panels. (That’s good for a few lights). You won’t ever get enough voltage to charge batteries or heat. We are going through the same issues and have decided to put in a power pole from the street. I’m told it’s about $1500 from NYSEG. Good luck.
You understand. Getting a pole set is expensive and the utility will install a stand-alone meter; the utility will have a minimum charge even when I use very little electricity.

As for condensation, I wonder if I could install a solar attic fan? I am not a "tree hugger"; I am just trying to save money from the utility company.

/ Using a container to store implements #44  
You understand. Getting a pole set is expensive and the utility will install a stand-alone meter; the utility will have a minimum charge even when I use very little electricity.

As for condensation, I wonder if I could install a solar attic fan?
I went 100% off grid almost entirely to avoid paying the utility to install 1000 ft of 'something' on my property and then having easement access to it forever, plus didn't want the visuals.

A solar attic fan is fine, but if you think about the surface area of a metal shipping container sitting in the sun, convection flow alone would be more powerful than any single solar attic fan, AS LONG AS you have vents at top and bottom to allow for this convection flow.

I imagine the airflow created by convection of a 40ft container sitting in the sun, would feel almost like putting your hand over the condenser fan of your outside unit on a central ac system.. IF the venting could flow that much.

/ Using a container to store implements #45  
I went 100% off grid almost entirely to avoid paying the utility to install 1000 ft of 'something' on my property and then having easement access to it forever, plus didn't want the visuals.

A solar attic fan is fine, but if you think about the surface area of a metal shipping container sitting in the sun, convection flow alone would be more powerful than any single solar attic fan, AS LONG AS you have vents at top and bottom to allow for this convection flow.

I imagine the airflow created by convection of a 40ft container sitting in the sun, would feel almost like putting your hand over the condenser fan of your outside unit on a central ac system.. IF the venting could flow that much.
Where are you located?

/ Using a container to store implements #46  
San Antonio Texas. Thought i had my location set on my account but i didnt, fixed that.

/ Using a container to store implements #47  
I painted mine white although it's not fully painted yet. I put in some tiny fans pushing air in and out. I had two solar panels from some discount place years ago.
Solar Fan 1.jpg
Solar Fan 2.jpg