Using a container to store implements

/ Using a container to store implements #21  
If you are zoned, better check your local zoning ordinances. Not allowed here.

/ Using a container to store implements #22  
If you are zoned, better check your local zoning ordinances. Not allowed here.
You're not allowed to have shipping containers?

/ Using a container to store implements #23  
Batteries for your solar system the L16 6 volt approx 345 AH
keep the voltage so it don't go lower than 23 volts on a 24 volt
system will last a very long time. My lasted about 10 or 11 years

willy

/ Using a container to store implements #24  
I bought one so long ago, that it was cheap and worth a lot more today in scrap than it cost back then!
How many of you know that they used to build them out of aluminum, with the only non aluminum parts being the wood floor and the two endcaps, and the wood inside the doors (although still covered in aluminum)? Even the beams under the floor are aluminum.
I paid $275 for it when I bought it from the company I worked for. They purchased a lot of 10 of them to use for outside storage and decided they didn't need but six or seven. I came to the party late when it came to putting a claim on one, but one of the maintenance supervisors was wishy-washy about what he was going to do with the one he claimed, so I convinced him that it was a lot of work to move one, and then fix it up!
I borrowed a truck and flatbed trailer from Cypress Truck Lines here in Jax (try that nowadays!!) and moved it. I couldn't get enough traction in my yard to pull it off, so I called a wrecker who charged me $100 to set it off. I have moved it a couple more times by building a trailer out of mobile home frames and using a Simplex jack, reinforced wooden reels and a single I-beam. Mine weighs just shy of 3000 pounds and at todays scrap prices it, it is worth a lot more than I paid for it back in the early 1980's .
David from jax

/ Using a container to store implements #25  
I'd have to scrap that at todays aluminum prices. :sneaky:

/ Using a container to store implements #26  
In the beginning of container design I don't think anybody dreamed they would eventually cross the pond, several times. Matter of fact, I know where 3 are buried in the Desert as armored bunkers. I'd give anything to have the lease contract on those!!!! :)

/ Using a container to store implements #28  
In the beginning of container design I don't think anybody dreamed they would eventually cross the pond, several times. Matter of fact, I know where 3 are buried in the Desert as armored bunkers. I'd give anything to have the lease contract on those!!!! :)
You can stack them 20 high, but bury them in a few feet of dirt & you will crush them. All their strength is at the corners where they are stacked. Much pressure on the thin sides or top will cause them to bow in quickly.

/ Using a container to store implements #29  
You can stack them 20 high, but bury them in a few feet of dirt & you will crush them. All their strength is at the corners where they are stacked. Much pressure on the thin sides or top will cause them to bow in quickly.
They sure made solid buried bunkers. Can't judge their ability to take a direct hit though.

/ Using a container to store implements #30  
We have a 40 ‘ container off grid in NY, $5000, in which we store tractor, quads, tools etc. Condensation is an issue in NY, during the fall and winter things inside get damp. You’ll need 4x8 sheets of rigid insulation strung across the inside roof to catch the condensation. Your solar idea won’t fly as your looking at $500 minimum for 100 AH battery and panels. (That’s good for a few lights). You won’t ever get enough voltage to charge batteries or heat. We are going through the same issues and have decided to put in a power pole from the street. I’m told it’s about $1500 from NYSEG. Good luck.