Unloading a Brush Hog 3510

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #1  

Michaelallff

Tractor
Case IH 5220
I'll be needing to unload a 3510 Brush hog off a flat bed trailer. It weighs about 2,800 lbs and is 10 ft wide. It'll be sideways on the trailer. Any ideas would be appreciated. I worry that it would be to much weight on my tractor loader. Thank you all.

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #2  
Drag it off slowly. When the first side hits the gently hits the ground, hook to the side still on the trailer and lift it and drive out from under it while you have it lifted with the loader. This assumes you have a tractor loader on your Case.

If you don't have a loader, find a local neighbor that has a loader and have them unload it at their house and you drive your tractor to hook up to it and drive it home.

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #3  
Pile dirt up next to the trailer to make a ramp. Back tractor up ramp, hook to brush hog and drive off.

I've done that a few times. Works pretty good.

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #4  
How high is this flatbed? Are we talking Semi flatbed?

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510
It's about 3.5 ft high

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #6  
Like Yander describes above, just unload it partially at a time (get one side on the ground, then the other). No need to lift the entire mower by itself.

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #7  
1. I'd park the trailer under a tree and raise the cutter with some Come Alongs or similar. Pull the trailer out from under the cutter. Make sure you start with enough wound cable to lower the cutter to the ground.

2. Find a neighbor with a bigger tractor and loader.

/ Unloading a Brush Hog 3510 #8  
Woods C114-1 that has a 9.5’ wide cutting surface.
0AFBA064-86F4-4A54-9D85-E94E0C693CC9.jpeg
710C31EC-DEC6-4395-9578-BF6147301B16.jpeg

Just don’t let it swing into your radiator which I didn’t.

Last edited:
Drag it off slowly. When the first side hits the gently hits the ground, hook to the side still on the trailer and lift it and drive out from under it while you have it lifted with the loader. This assumes you have a tractor loader on your Case.

If you don't have a loader, find a local neighbor that has a loader and have them unload it at their house and you drive your tractor to hook up to it and drive it home.
Thanks, this is probably my best option. I do have the loader on the tractor

Pile dirt up next to the trailer to make a ramp. Back tractor up ramp, hook to brush hog and drive off.

I've done that a few times. Works pretty good.
I thought about this, probably should mention I live in southern Missouri where we grow more rocks in our soil then dirt. I don't think I could get enough dirt dug up without a back hoe