TYM T-903 In the Barn!

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
It was a tuff decision, but yes, a TYM T-903 is working for me now. I did not get a lot of responses to my previous thread about this machine, so not sure there are too many out there interested. If you are, let me know and I can give you more details if you like.

I have now put about 12 hrs on the machine and wanted to use it a little before providing some opinions about the machine. Now that I have used it, worked it, played around with it, I can say, in my humble opinion, it is the best tractor for the money on the market right now in a 80 pto hp machine. Yes, I did all the research, sat up late like many of you have or are, pondering, comparing, back and forth at web sites, etc. Yes, resale is always a concern, and no, it probably will not bring as much of my money back when I sell it. But, then again, I did not spend nearly as much as what I would have to buy a brand that would. Only time will truely tell the ending to that story.

It has all the features of the high end tractors and more. It is an electronic machine. Not like my other tractors where just about everything is mechanical and what you need is a good set of tools. This one, you better have an omh meter and a good set of screw drivers. Some of the features are:
1. There remotes
2. out side lift adjustment controls
3. Easy hitch 3pt
4. Quick attack loader that works with all my skid steer stuff
5. Loader that comes off real easy
6. Grill guard
7. Low design hood (makes real easy to see skid steer hook up and hay moving)
8. Easy access oil etc
9. Four hood lights, two frnt cab lights, two rear cab lights, & mid mount lights and flashers
10. Under the hood is a 89hp Cat 3054C-DIT 4cyl 4000 cc engine
11. Cab is very nicely finished, mp3, etc radio
12. Heat/air that works great
13. Air ride seat, lots of adjustments including head rest
14. Power shift, power shuttle trans. High low buttons of gear shift
15. 32 f & r speeds/ super low range, low, med, and high
16. power shuttle on steering colum
17. Tilt wheel
18. 3 pt controls galour (lots of stuff here)
19. Very open cab, great visability w/ pull down sun screen
20. Nice big rear view mirrors

The list goes on, but enough for now. I have moved and loaded hay with it. Nice to be inside in a warm cab. Machine works wonderfully. Little tricky on the clutch, but have learned some things that make operation very nice. It has auto 4wd that kicks in when the wheels are straight, but when you turn it kicks out. Nice feature in certain applications. Also has full time 4wd (of course) all at the touch of a button.

Self leveling loader, that has taken some getting used to, but think I really like it.
One thing it does not have that TYM needs to add is a rear port to get wires into the cab for equipment, such as bailers. I will need to drill a hole and add access cover to get my bailer wires into the cab. Some of the other models I looked at have pre-drilled and tapped holes to mount bailer monitor in cab, TYM should add this.

Engine runs like a top. Lots of power in all gears and ranges. Never acted like it needed more. Loader is faster than anything I have operated. Takes about 1/2 the time to move hay with the fast loader and the shuttle shift transmission. Bucket dump angle is better than my NH and Mahindra. I flip a big round bale on its side on the back end of trailers and it works great for that.

Also, comes with 5 yr warranty. Best stated warranty I could find.

I have attache a few pictures. More to follow.

Attachments

• 100_1322.jpg
    100_1322.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 950
  • 100_1328.jpg
    100_1328.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 100_1327.jpg
    100_1327.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 2,670
   / TYM T-903 In the Barn! #2  
Very nice.
Lots of nice features.
Congratulations and good luck with it.

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #3  
Shes a beauty. I look forward to seeing future action shots.

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #4  
Nice looking rig there. What is the rating of the FEL? What does it list for if you don't mind. Use it in good health!

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #5  
Keep me posted on how it compares to the 6000.
I went with the Mahindra 7010 which is really close to the same as the 6000 except with the cab. Was hoping mahindra would keep rebranding the Tyms.

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #6  
Congratulations, Slippy! Nice lookin'machine!

The specs really look great on the 903 especially the hydraulic flow capacity.

I noticed the hook ends on the hitch arms and I see the spec says quick hitch 3 pt. Does it come with telecoping lift arms and ball ends as an option? Many 3 pts attachments don't lend themselves to quick hitches.

What's the rated speed on the engine? How's the noise in the cab?

Keep us posted on how this tractor performs for you.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
   / TYM T-903 In the Barn! #7  
From what I have been told Mahindra wont be geting any of the new model TYM tractors. The way the quick hitch works is to put the ball ends on the implement and back up to it and raise up the 3pt arms and latch on to the balls. It is similar to what Oliver had. I was talking with one of the TYM reps and he said the 903, 1003 cab was quieter than a lot of the JD tractors are. I drove one and they are very nice. :)

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #8  
congrats Slippy, Before long, you'll have a tractor for everything and no need to swap implements... I look forward to working pictures and more commentary about the large TYM tractor.

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn!
Thanks for all the replys fellas. Yes, I am real happy with it so far. I'm not sure what the list price is, and I bought mine on the last day of a sale that was running where you basically buy the tractor and get the loader at no extra cost. Notice I did not say free. No, really, the price was right, and as I said it is much less than anything else I could find with that hp and features.

The cab is a dream. I have a cab on my IH 1086 and of course that is an old tractor. The 903 is much better. Air seat, adjustable arms, so many features it is taking me some time to get them where I want them. Very quite cab and great visability. MF claims to have a very open cab. I was looking hard at the 5400 series MF. This 903 seems to be every bit the same and in many respects better. It does not have the Dyna power shuttle/power shift, but it operates close and time will tell how the transmission holds up. It has many features that will make my baling operation run much better and much faster. I was concerned that lifting the big bales would make it light in the rear and thought about filling the tires. At this point, glad I did not do it. Loads bales high with no problem. We will see this spring when we hook up the baler and start running those hills.

I was told by a Montana dealer that Mahindra and TYM have had a falling out due to TYM's decision to market their own tractor. I agree, don't think we will see any more of that.

Rated engine speed is 2200.

Noise in cab is very low. Did play the radio a little and do not have to turn it up much. Heater works great. Very cold and ran it on low setting.

Pete-mi explained the quick hitch pretty well. It is different from what I am used to, but looking forward to giving it a try. You do put the ball ends on the emplement, the lift the arms right into the side of the ball end where you see that collar.

Will post some more pics here soon.

Here are loader specs:

LT900SL
Loader Model T803/903/1003
Tractor Model 80 / 90 / 100
Tractor Out Put(HP)
A. Maximum Lift Height 134.9"
B. Clearance with Attachment Level 123.4"
C. Clearance with Attachment Dumped 98.4"
D. Reach at Maximum Height(45ー) 28.3"
E. Maximum Dump Angle 53ー
F. Reach with Attachment on Ground 77.5"
G. Attachment Rollback Angle 50ー
H. Digging Depth Below Grade 9.8"
J. Overall Height in Carry Position 76.9"
L. Depth of Attachment (to back of inner shell) 26.6"
M. Height of Attachment 25.3"
N. Depth of Attachment (to pivot pin) 37.1"
Lift Capacity to Full Height at Pivot Pins 3,178 lbs
Breakout Force at Ground Level, Pivot Pins 5,014 lbs
Relief Valve Setting (Loader Contol Valve) 2,560 psi
Rated Flow (Tractor System) 15.7/15.1/15.1gpm
Lift Cylinder 2.75"
Bucket Cylinder 2.36"
Attachment used for specification 83"
-Standard : Bucket Level indicator
-Option : Self Leveling System

/ TYM T-903 In the Barn! #10  
I think it was a bad business decision on both parts not to continue the relationship Mahindra and TYM had!
It will be interesting to see the new Mahindra 8560 and the 90 hp TYM up close at the NFMS in Louisville this week.