TYM Joystick Repair

/ TYM Joystick Repair #1  

eddiekro

Tractor
TYM T353
Last week the joystick on my T353 went loose and floppy, it wouldn't operate the FEL. When I inspected it I found the triangular joint, aka the "selector" had broken apart in several pieces. After speaking with the TYM dealer they said TYM doesn't break down the joystick to it's smaller parts and a new one would cost me $1200. After a few choice words the parts guy said he could then get me just the joystick for $500. While still not happy I said ok and had him hold it for me (he's > 1 hour away from me).
I started digging and found that the Kioti uses about the same joystick and they do break it out to the smaller parts. After sending the Kioti dealer the measurements he thought it would fit. Sure enough it was an exact fit, I did not need to make any mods to make it work. Do note that I decided to only replace the selector and not replace the ball/pins since mine were in good shape and that was just one less thing to mess with.
There are several videos on youtube that discuss how to replace it so a quick search will help you there. I've attached a few pics of the broken selector, the Kioti parts, and the part number.

I hope this helps some of you all save some bucks...

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • kioti 1.jpg
    kioti 1.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 68
  • kioti 2.jpg
    kioti 2.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 72
   / TYM Joystick Repair #2  
That is ridiculous that TYM does not sell triangular part by itself as it is the part that gets all of the wear.

/ TYM Joystick Repair #3  
Most manufacturers do not offer the valve parts just the valve. Good Job on finding one.

/ TYM Joystick Repair #4  
Kubota sells part only.

/ TYM Joystick Repair #6  
Kubota's part is probably the same price as the whole assembly for others.
Doesn't look like after reading the first post.

/ TYM Joystick Repair #8  
How does your joystick look like? I have a T474 which sits on the exact same chassis. And I have been thinking of this has to be a maintenance item at one point? At least lube it?

/ TYM Joystick Repair #9  
The valves can get sticky and need lubed. I had to replace the same part on My Kubota at less than 200 hours becaus the valves were getting sticky and it wore that piece out. Kubota covered it under warranty so I don't know how much it cost.

/ TYM Joystick Repair #10  
I would be careful about lubing that, as it would likely make the area attract dirt and grit, which could worsen the effect and wear it out quicker over time.

Maybe some kind of dry film lube, or graphite powder type lube?

I haven't done anything to mine, but it's only 6 1/2 years old now.