TYM Joystick Repair

/ TYM Joystick Repair #11  
What was the price for the Kioti part? It might be worth getting one for backup, I had to replace one of the cables already.

/ TYM Joystick Repair
I would be careful about lubing that, as it would likely make the area attract dirt and grit, which could worsen the effect and wear it out quicker over time.

Maybe some kind of dry film lube, or graphite powder type lube?

I haven't done anything to mine, but it's only 6 1/2 years old now.
The original joint on my T353 had lube on it. Seemed to be graphite based. I lubed the replacement with neverseize. The joint and the area where it broke was clean since the boot seals it pretty well.

Last edited:
   / TYM Joystick Repair
How does your joystick look like? I have a T474 which sits on the exact same chassis. And I have been thinking of this has to be a maintenance item at one point? At least lube it?
I don't think it is called out as a maintenance item in the owners manual, but then again the TYM owners manual leaves a lot to be desired. The broken joint had a lube on it and from what I could see there was no wear, the joint simply had a catastrophic failure.

/ TYM Joystick Repair
What was the price for the Kioti part? It might be worth getting one for backup, I had to replace one of the cables already.
The Kioti part was $79 from the dealer.