TX1300F electric problem

/ TX1300F electric problem #1  

marcelPL

Silver Member
Tractor
iseki TX1500 and TX1300F
This sunday i spent a few hours in garage again. This is what happened when i tried to start it in the morning:

When trying to start it, some smoke came from what looked like under the little console/dashboard. From what i know this would indicate some short-circuit of any kind.

I wanted to open the hood to have a better look, but i burned my hand when trying to take this 'clamp' (? the thing that keeps the hood into place) off. So this is where the smoke came from.

I disconnected battery, and took the console apart/off. Checked all the wires, but nothing strange. I found this piece of rubber that is supposed to go (i think) between console and fuel tank. It was not placed correctly, so i thought i fixed the problem. Tractor was running ok for 3 hours straight.

Yesterday i had same problem, but now on BOTH clamps (left and right) smoke came. So i took the whole thing apart, visual inspection of cables and connections, but again everything looks ok.

When putting back the console i noticed that my light for electricity (the left) went on and off when i shuffled the console around a bit. When i positioned it having the light ON, i got a 'clickerdiclick' when i tried starting. Only once the starter engine actually cranked a few times. But without the electric light on, nothing happens.

My simple logic tells me i should follow the cable of the light to find the malfunction, but i really cannot find it. Any suggestions on how to approach this?

I also took apart the console of my TX1500, to see if i could swap inside parts to get one tractor working (TX1500 has no hydraulics), but the cabling is totally different. So i'm stuck without tractor. I'm getting really frustrated here, by now i spend more time in garage working ON tractor then working WITH tractor.....

/ TX1300F electric problem #2  
I am not even sure my tractor has those clamps on it. The hood just stays closed under its own weight. On my TX1300 the light on the left is for oil pressure and the center light is for the generator. I cannot read Japanese so not sure if maybe those got switched at some point. Are you sure your light on the left is for your generator? Any time I had smoke like that it ended up being a wire that the insulation wore off and was shorting out. If you slide the dash up so you can see behind it, it should be pretty easy to see any bare wire. Are you battery cables ok? One of my cables had a bare spot wore into under the hood area. I just put some electrical tape on it, probably should replace it one of these days.

/ TX1300F electric problem #3  
Marcel, while I am struggling to work out what happened, your English is lots better than my Polish!!! It would seem that for some reason your bonnet is earthing through the spring clamps which hold it down, I would be checking to make sure the bonnet is not in contact with the battery terminals and that the earth strap (mine is connected to the steering base bolts) is not damaged and has a good connection, I would have through that there was not enough power in the battery to heat up metal through shorting out though, very strange,

But then reading on in your post where you move the dash (the bit with the rev counter and lights) as I call it, you mention that you can get it turning over when you get the light on, under the dash as you will be aware is a bit tight for room with many cables, I know I had to redo most of mine and replace most of the bits, I had not issues with my rewiring making me think I would be doubtful if your issue is in there, unless you have been in about it in the past,

Good luck in your search,

Chris

/ TX1300F electric problem
Hi all, thanks for tips and directions. I will take the dash apart again, also take off the starter and ignition (?), and try every wire separately. I really hope i don't have to renew cables. That's notify thing.

I spent 5 hours in garage yesterday fixing the hydraulics on the tx1500, it seems to work (drain oil, clean filter, opening differential and gearbox, cleaning inside, replace rings on piston, closing everything up, put new oil, etc). And it looks like it is working. So that takes some of the pressure off. I will take out my tiller this afternoon, and hope it holds. Then i can start work on the tx1300 in the evening.

Thx!
M.

Small update on this one: a friend came by who is an electrician. He showed me the trick of putting a cable straight from battery onto starter engine. But it did not get it started.

So we swapped the battery between my tx1300f and my tx1500. Same result, the thing did not want to crank.

So he said that started engine was probably kaputt, we should swap the starter engine between tx1300f and tx1500 also. The one on the tx1300f came off ok, but not a lot of room for the bolt on the back (engine) side.

The tx1500 has bigger bolts to connect it, and after 30 minutes of trying to get to it, we gave up. We built the original starter engine back onto the tx1300f.

My friend just tried the cable trick between battery and starter engine again, and guess what? It worked, it started cranking. My friend could not explain it. But i was just happy to have it running.

I used the tx1300f for two days, and saturday afternoon when changing tiller for cultivator, i tried starting again, and it was a dead stick. Also the cable-trick did not get it cranking.

I took the dash off, and took off every cable, reconnect everything, and tried starting, but nothing. I repeated this 3 times, but still dead. Only one light burning on the dash, really weak, going off at the moment i touch the starter.

I will try to find a repair shop that handles electronic problems, because i don't think i can fix this.
M.

/ TX1300F electric problem #6  
Looks like you're having bad ground issues.

If you put a jumper cable directly from the Negative post of the battery to the Body do the starter, like a bold or something, it might start right up.

Although, I'm thinking that the ground to the dash is also bad.

Ok this jumper cable i can fix. I will try it this evening.

I will look at the wiring diagram to try and find the ground cable of dash.

Thanks!
M.

/ TX1300F electric problem #8  
Wouldn't be a bad idea to get a cable straight from the Negative post of the battery to a bolt holding the dash. I had to do that on my Kubota B7000. That was very similar to your Iseki. I wouldn't be surprised if parts would interchange.

/ TX1300F electric problem #9  
Marcel ,here is a few pages out the manual if its of help for testing the starter, if you do carry out this test, in the first just bridge the 2 positive connections and the starter should operate like you did with your friend,

Starter 1.PNG

starter 2.PNG