Truck Tool box drawer liners

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
This question is for anyone with a truck & mobile toolbox in a truck with sliding drawers. Like your typical craftsman black painted toolbox with sliding drawers your wrenches & sockets.

I have a Craftsman cheapo 3 drawer with many hand tools floating around inside used daily for field & equipment repairs. As the truck moves, the tools get jostled & slide around. After a week or so, some my wrenches & sockets are covered in what looks like black grease, despite cleaning all my tools pretty well before they go back in. What looks like black “grease” is just the black paint coming off the insides of the drawers and getting on my tools. I’d like to be perfectly organized, but the stress and repetitive nature of my work does not allow tools to be organized perfectly-not even close. Got to get the repair done and get back to work, but cant stand this paint mess.

I have tried mats on the bottom and they just wrinkle into a mess from stop & go. Its like I need a thin rigid liner for the bottoms of the drawers. Anyone find something thin that they like that can be cut & sized to fit to keep the drawer paint off my tools?

I end up with this all over my tools and hands and its a mess.

1650106057049.jpeg

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #2  
My aluminum last box I had the interior sprayed with Rhino liner. Cost me about $50. It was worth it. It basically eliminated the black dust.

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #3  
" Rhino liner"
Also good results. (y)

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #4  

this works well too

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners
I was thinking of trhing 1/4” Azek, but its brittle

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #6  
This question is for anyone with a truck & mobile toolbox in a truck with sliding drawers. Like your typical craftsman black painted toolbox with sliding drawers your wrenches & sockets.

I have a Craftsman cheapo 3 drawer with many hand tools floating around inside used daily for field & equipment repairs. As the truck moves, the tools get jostled & slide around. After a week or so, some my wrenches & sockets are covered in what looks like black grease, despite cleaning all my tools pretty well before they go back in. What looks like black “grease” is just the black paint coming off the insides of the drawers and getting on my tools. I’d like to be perfectly organized, but the stress and repetitive nature of my work does not allow tools to be organized perfectly-not even close. Got to get the repair done and get back to work, but cant stand this paint mess.

I have tried mats on the bottom and they just wrinkle into a mess from stop & go. Its like I need a thin rigid liner for the bottoms of the drawers. Anyone find something thin that they like that can be cut & sized to fit to keep the drawer paint off my tools?

I end up with this all over my tools and hands and its a mess.

View attachment 741977
I keep my tools in bags. I have different bags for different tasks, so I’m not digging through tools I don’t need. It means I have a lot of redundant tools but I like that. I keep the bags on the floor behind my seat and it’s easy to throw one in the UTV or hand carry it to wherever I need it. I had the same problem with tool draws that you do with the liner bunching up.

Attachments

• C9A10961-46EC-4787-9016-4AC0B124E51D.jpeg
    C9A10961-46EC-4787-9016-4AC0B124E51D.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 58
   / Truck Tool box drawer liners #7  
I keep my tools in bags. I have different bags for different tasks, so I’m not digging through tools I don’t need. It means I have a lot of redundant tools but I like that. I keep the bags on the floor behind my seat and it’s easy to throw one in the UTV or hand carry it to wherever I need it. I had the same problem with tool draws that you do with the liner bunching up.
When I was contracting I had a spray on lining similiar to the Rhino lining, it worked the best of anything I tried for drawer slides with tools.
I eventually went to tool buckets and tool bags for each specialty trade. That kept me from hunting for tools for specific tasks and saved a fair amount of time.

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #8  
I used to cut up thin carpeting to line my work van shelving and tool boxes to eliminate that problem, works good and free.

/ Truck Tool box drawer liners #9  
I use plastic silverware holders or wood kitchen drawer organizers in my tool box drawers:
flatware-tray.jpg
wood.jpg