Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer?

/ Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer? #11  
Yep, I have had the Buckthorn Long Arm puller for almost four years. It is super strong and works very well. :thumbsup:

It can also be ordered to fit on the 3 point too.

P6130002.JPG

P6140013.JPG

A 24' tall 7" diameter trunk cedar tree.

P4090021.JPG

Last edited:
   / Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer?
Notch offers the puller either 3 PT or SSQA - but not combined. Even though the hood on my tractor has a generous slope for aiding FEL visibility, the 3 PT would be much better except for the trees being closer to the cab and wrenching my neck.

/ Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer? #13  
Looking seriously at the Notch tree puller but wondering if I'll be able to see what I'm doing with it out on the FEL,

Also wondering if my L2501 will be able to handle it?

/ Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer? #14  
I know its expensive, and I can understand the reason for NOT purchasing it. But I have to say, I would purchase the Danuser Intimidator all over again. It is just that good at doing what it is supposed to do. I am sure there are others which will also do the job, and that Notch looks like it might do the trick. I will tell you, I would highly recommend putting it on the FEL rather than the 3pt. You will find that the mobility and usability on the FEL is worth it. Just pile everything up, then switch to the Grapple and move it where you want.

IMG_3974.JPGIMG_3972.JPGIMG_3971.JPG

See... I took that big stack of trees and that empty space... and planted them! That's just how good I am with the Intimidator.

Looking seriously at the Notch tree puller but wondering if I'll be able to see what I'm doing with it out on the FEL,

Also wondering if my L2501 will be able to handle it?

I think the FEL visibility on the L2501 would probably be good. As for the tractor and loader being able to handle the puller, I would contact Notch and get their recommendation on minimum tractor HP, weight and hydraulic flow. You would also need 3rd function hydraulics to operate the hydraulic cylinder on the puller.

I know its expensive, and I can understand the reason for NOT purchasing it. But I have to say, I would purchase the Danuser Intimidator all over again. It is just that good at doing what it is supposed to do. I am sure there are others which will also do the job, and that Notch looks like it might do the trick. I will tell you, I would highly recommend putting it on the FEL rather than the 3pt. You will find that the mobility and usability on the FEL is worth it. Just pile everything up, then switch to the Grapple and move it where you want.

View attachment 500468View attachment 500469View attachment 500470

See... I took that big stack of trees and that empty space... and planted them! That's just how good I am with the Intimidator.

Thanks for the :thumbsup:eek:n the Intimidator. The idea of mounting on the 3 PT is history due to the close proximity of trees to the cab and the extra $ spent on a 3PT to SSQA adapter in order to use the attachment on both ends. I am leaning toward the Notch but have not ruled out the Intimidator. I would have liked to watch you plant those trees you pulled.:laughing:

/ Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer? #18  
Thanks for the :thumbsup:eek:n the Intimidator. The idea of mounting on the 3 PT is history due to the close proximity of trees to the cab and the extra $ spent on a 3PT to SSQA adapter in order to use the attachment on both ends. I am leaning toward the Notch but have not ruled out the Intimidator. I would have liked to watch you plant those trees you pulled.:laughing:

I'm still leaning toward the Titan puller but I do have some reservations about fit issues I've been reading about with Titan products in general. It shouldn't be surprising there are quality issues since it appears that the Titan products are Chinese made with low QC.

Another manufacturer I've recently come across is Jenkins (Post & Tree Puller | Jenkins Iron & Steel Skid Steer Attachments). They seem to make a good quality, american made tree puller. Their price is $1200 shipped.

For those without a cab it can be made to fit front and rear, without a 3 point to SSQA or JD QA adapter.

It can be done: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/318149-tree-puller-pleased-my-new.html#post3845905

LouieJunior's either end puller.

View attachment 500551

View attachment 500550

View attachment 500549

The only drawback I see to the Buckthorn is the lack of the capability for digging roots which you can do with the Intimidator and the Notch. But since I have never used a puller of any type, I may be 100% wrong on the need for digging roots.:confused3:

/ Tree / Post Puller Type & Manufacturer? #20  
Right, I use a stump bucket for digging.

My point is the Intimidator or the Notch could be made to fit front and rear.

Here is my UltraFork frame, SSQA and 3 point.

Speeco Ultra Fork.jpg

P1060001.JPG

P5240036.JPG

Last edited: