trailering your utility tractors

/ trailering your utility tractors #21  
Our 1705 gets 4 straps. Can't remember the load limit but the 3"ers.

Now the mini gets chains

Furthest we pull from the property, we're we keep everything is maybe 20 miles. All back roads

/ trailering your utility tractors #22  
Towing my B-2301 I used one chain on the back, through a draw bar clevis. Two ratchet straps on the front, never had an issue.

/ trailering your utility tractors #23  
I use these hook chains. Really easy to install.

/ trailering your utility tractors #24  
Here's another question do you use chains and lever binders or heavy ratchet straps to hold down your tractor on the trailer? Also do you use 2 in the front and rear or just 2?
Up until last year, I used heavy duty 3” nylon strap with about 2’ of chain on each end. This worked fine until I started hauling it on lengthy trips (1200 miles). I noticed about 500 miles in the the nylon had rubbed a break in one leg.

So now I have chains in front where thing can run against metal with ratchet connectors and still using nylon in rear until they meet their end life.

Note, I have a Kubota BX 25DLB and box blade which weighs around 2500-3000 lbs all together.

/ trailering your utility tractors #25  
While you may not be hauling commercially and thus not be required to meet DOT requires, if you check with your insurance, it would not surprise me if they require DOT standards to cover you in case of an accident.
Check out DOT requirements for yourself, but several have summarized them—4 chains/straps for the tractor and and additional chain/strap for each implement/attachment.
My summary but there is more to DOT requirements that you need to research.

/ trailering your utility tractors #26  
Think I'll be switching back to chains and binders. Don't buy these Erickson brand:

I used them with my Ford 3000. Four of those, plus same brand over-the-wheel straps.
Tractor has never moved in my trailer, but no matter how tight I crank them down, when I get to where I'm going they are all flopping in the wind. And they tear through very easy compared to other brands I have used if they rub on anything.

/ trailering your utility tractors #27  
Here's another question do you use chains and lever binders or heavy ratchet straps to hold down your tractor on the trailer? Also do you use 2 in the front and rear or just 2?
Kubota M7060HD12 with bushhog. Chain and binder on all four corners and ratchet strap over the bushhog.

/ trailering your utility tractors #28  
Apart from what is safe, find out what the local highway police wants. If it cannot fall off but they don't like it you still get a big fine.
Straps have to have the load rating printed on them. (chains only have to look sturdy I guess )

/ trailering your utility tractors #29  
Ratchet straps with axel straps. I wrap an axel strap around each axel on the Kubota L4802 or JD 2025R. It’s quick and easy.

/ trailering your utility tractors #30  
Apart from what is safe, find out what the local highway police wants. If it cannot fall off but they don't like it you still get a big fine.
Straps have to have the load rating printed on them. (chains only have to look sturdy I guess )
In Canada you will be fined if your chains and binders do not have the working load limit clearly stamped on them. All securement devices must have the WLL clearly visible.