trailering your utility tractors

/ trailering your utility tractors
DL100 or DL95? depending on year could be either.
iirc the DL100 is around 250lb and the woods 48.30 tiller is 500lbs.
GC2400 bare is 1433 (per massey specs...unsure if includes fluids) lbs, so the tiller alone takes it to 1933 lbs.
add the (irirc) 250 lbs for DL100 FEL is 2183 lbs.

edit: add into that the weight of the trailer with 2x12x14 and 2x12x7 pressure treated sides/front (thats 35 ft, plus a 12x40 inch 2x12 box I built to haul fuel cans in), 2x6x14 pressure treated floor, thats a bunch of weight that can smack you in the ass under sudden tow vehicle brake applications.
DL95

/ trailering your utility tractors #12  

Aww heck. When I replied I was going off thread title with "utility tractor" ie bigger tractor. For your GC good ratchet straps are fine.

/ trailering your utility tractors #13  
honestly I would expect the DL100, the DL95, the DL1805 to be very close, prob all are w/o 20 lbs each other.
but when trailering you MUST add a safety factor.
if you think your FEL only weighs 200 lbs......call it 250lbs and secure per that.
your 1705 bare weighs around 1500. but it has mass. treat it as 1650. cause we have no idea if fluids are involved in the "weight" or not. then theres crap like (for me) adding a sunshade, etc.
its hard getting actual specs on the loaders, much easier to get ACTUAL weights on the attachments. my blizzard B54 rear blower is 535 lbs.
ALWAYS treat your load as if it weighs more than it actually does and tie it down as that.
I've weighed my GC2400 with DL100 and blizzard blower weighed in (with full fuel and sunshade) at 2260 lbs. had full fuel load. but was on scale dealing with trailer trucks so...not sure how accurate it was at those lower weights.
but I strap for more than my stuff weighs.
so I use 4 1500lb straps. on the rear I do I cross attach to hold the the attachment in place.

Last edited:
   / trailering your utility tractors #14  
Aww heck. When I replied I was going off thread title with "utility tractor" ie bigger tractor. For your GC good ratchet straps are fine.
for most part true. however when hauling a 4ft woods bush hog a GC unit is almost 21ft long with bucket. so what I did on 16ft tilt trailer (end of ramp from front of CAM trailer was 22ft) was strap tractor (4 straps) then 3/8 chain and binders on bush hog pulling towards front of trailer. kept the hog from jumping on rough roads and loosening straps.

Oops made error CAM brand 16 ft tilt bed trailer is 18 feet from front to end of ramp.
GC series with 4ft woods brush hog the rear wheel touched over end.
So GC series with that hog is 18ft long.
My error sorry

Last edited:
   / trailering your utility tractors #15  
It's not just about having it tied down good enough for a trip.

It's also about having it anchored well enough that in the event of an accident, it doesn't get loose.

Especially, if you have a trailer that doesn't have a stop at the front of it, to keep the load from coming off the front of the trailer. (I'd have one installed ASAP).

/ trailering your utility tractors #16  
Think it depends on size of tractor.... Mine weighs in at about 1500lbs (with out 600lb ballast) and I use ratchet straps left over from race car days, each strap is rated at 2500lbs working and 10,000 burst.... Think it keep tractor on trailer quite well...

And I'm in Kalifornia where law says load will have 4 tie downs to retain load on trailer...

/ trailering your utility tractors #17  
Here's another question do you use chains and lever binders or heavy ratchet straps to hold down your tractor on the trailer? Also do you use 2 in the front and rear or just 2?
Ck2610, so not a Utility tractor, but, ill answer anyways; two straps. One on front axle, and one on draw bar.

/ trailering your utility tractors #18  
Depends on trailer.

In my dump trailer it gets 2 3500# axle style ratchet straps.

On my tilt trailer it gets chains and binders (2) on the rear, those same straps on the front (2)

/ trailering your utility tractors #19  
Mines 4800 lbs with the front loader- I use 3/8 chains and ratchet binders

/ trailering your utility tractors #20  
My bare tractor is less than 2000 pounds but with filled tires, loader and an implement or ballast box on the back I’m about 3000 pounds. I use some of that cheap yellow rope to make it looked tied down.;):eek: Not really I use the wide ratchet straps. I do get lazy and rarely strap down the FEL or implement on the back. I suppose in theory something could happen but the last time I towed my tractor was 5 miles.