Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #22  
I welded a receiver to my landpride fork frame. Can shuffle pretty much everything around with my b26 this way. Forks don’t have to come off, I usually push them to either side. Receiver being centered and close to pivot balances perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpg
    IMG_3909.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
   / Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #23  
Why off center? Seems like your just asking for trouble with that setup if trailer is loaded and heavy with a tractor that size.
yeah why not cut off the center ball and weld the receiver on center????
heck from pics even center ball is not centered, possibly to make room for that chain loop??
at that point that loop could be made receiver capable and all lift/pull points would be centered.

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #24  
I would guess visibility when down low.

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #25  
Up until now I've used the receiver on my fork attachment but it's got issues... like it's near impossible to remove so when I move pallets my receiver can cause damage to what's on the pallet or not allow me to load that extra 4" which does matter sometimes.

I have a spare blank\empty quick attachment plate that I'm thinking of turning into a dedicated trailer moving and lifting \ hanging attachment.

I know people have made these, can you share pictures?

My plans are:
I need something to move trailers, and also hang\carry things like full 50g drums, pull\lift an engine, hang & gut\skin animals, etc... while I do all this now with my pallet attachment and\or grapple it's not as useful (or safe) as it could be with a dedicated solution.
  • center receiver w\braces (so I can attach different size balls, pintle, shackles, etc...)
  • [maybe] recessed receiver 4" or more above centered one... to be used with a special extension of 2' that slides into this receiver AND the other front-facing, to give 2' of distance having this additional receiver would give me added strength. (I do plan to build a 3-6' telescoping boom so I don't need this too long, but I do like having the option of sliding in a 2' extender for some reach.)
  • trailer\tie down on each side of receiver
  • receiver going directly left (On bottom of quick attach plate) <-- so I can add out riggers for stability, hang my gambrel on when gutting and skinning, etc...
  • receiver going directly right (on bottom of quick attach plate) <-- so I can add out riggers for stability, hang my gambrel on when gutting and skinning, etc...
  • 2x 2 Ton hooks (the large style) on left\right of receiver
  • 2-4x 3\8\|5\16 Chain Hooks (2 vertical, 2 horizontal is my thought)'
  • [maybe] hand crank winch on top\back of the quick attach plate

Any suggestions? Or things you wish you had done to yours?
Would seem to me it would be easier to repair the receiver once, than have to change the quick change plate every time you want to change usage/application.

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #26  
The reason its off center is so you can see what you are doing. I can pick ip a trailer that’s almost on the ground and see what I am doing.
i can assure you that the ball in the center is in the center, which works good for moving goose neck trailers.
if I were to do it over I would move the bottom lifting eye up a bit and put a small cutting edge on the bottom for lite dozing.

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #27  
Speaking of seeing what you are doing brings up another advantage of the Versahandler for moving trailers.

The view from the seat using the bottom ball:
P9220001.JPG
P9220003.JPG

Extended the boom a little and got out to take pictures:
P9220005.JPG
P9220006.JPG

And the gooseneck ball from the seat:
P9220008.JPG
P9220009.JPG

And coupled:
P9220014 3500.JPG

/ Trailer Moving & Lifting Attachment - Ideas & Input Wanted #29  
I move loaded trailers around my property. Heaviest to date with the B26 was 12k lbs, and that was sketchy. Pretty sure if mine was offset I’d flip the damn tractor.