trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,091  
Was again stung by a wasp yesterday which might have been the 5th time this year. It still hurts 12 hours later. These stings might be catching up on me.

I'm an amateur bee keeper and get stung quite a bit in that endeavor. I would rather get stung 5x by bees that once by a wasp. Don't know what it is, a wasp can just land on me and not even sting and I swell up and start hurting. Wasps are jerks!

/ trail clearing technique and tools
#1,092  
I’m getting more allergic to wasp stings as I get older. No restricted breathing yet but last time I got stung on the side of my head I was breaking out in hives. Benadryl helps me with the stings but makes me tired too,
I took some benadryl last night and it put me right asleep!

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,093  
Was again stung by a wasp yesterday which might have been the 5th time this year. It still hurts 12 hours later. These stings might be catching up on me.
OUch!

My wife got stung by a yellow jacket a couple weeks ago. Nest was in a flower bed she was weeding. Told me to stay away from it, so I did. I got stung the next day by one from another nest in the ground about 25' away. OUch!

Then Saturday, I was cleaning up our grilling area and move the grill cover, which has been folded up all summer. Another yellow jacket nest in that! I saw them and ran into the house. 5 seconds later, I got stung on the back of my neck! Two of them followed me into the house! :ROFLMAO:

#1,094  
Seems that weve been having a banner year for wasps here this summer. Gosh its no fun to try keep an eye out for them all the time at work! I've not been taking much for pics but I've been brushing back a yard which is not much to see anyway.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,095  
Not too bad this year… hardly any but it varies greatly.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,096  
Also tested a new steel cutting blade for small tress reputed to "can cut thousands acres of trees with". When we cut small trees, there are hundreds of them. That means when you cut one, it falls over and keeps you from seeing others. Keep cutting along as best you can and visibility goes further down and trees you think we cut, are actually 90% off and can't be removed.

Conclusion. Limited use when have a thick growth of trees to remove. Limited usability at best.View attachment 817143View attachment 817144
How do you clear trees in those situations.

#1,097  
How do you clear trees in those situations.
Loppers. I can and do use the steel blade but the trees then need to be smaller, upright and few of them not packed together. Not "thousands of acres cleared" as some claim. I'll try to get pics sometime.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,098  
The good thing about loppers is they can cut close to the ground and don't get dulled by dirt like trying to cut with a chainsaw. Plus there's no noise and no having to start a chainsaw not to mention being safer to operate.

#1,099  
The good thing about loppers is they can cut close to the ground and don't get dulled by dirt like trying to cut with a chainsaw. Plus there's no noise and no having to start a chainsaw not to mention being safer to operate.
They do dull in dirt but are easy to resharpen. I did promise to do a post about doing that........ :unsure: