tractor tipping question

/ tractor tipping question #11  
The outriggers aren’t gonna help prevent you from tipping because the fulcrum is the front wheels. Sounds like you are lifting close to a max load and the inertia of your movement is causing the light rear. Slow down, don’t carry so much, or….get a bigger tractor :poop:

/ tractor tipping question #12  
I would suggest getting a quick attach and forks. The clamp on forks push the weight to far forward. You could add weight to the rear tires to help. Or put some dirt in the backhoe bucket. This would help as well.

/ tractor tipping question #14  
We have an LS tractor about the same size as yours. We don't do heavy lifting with it. We have a bigger girl to do so.

That said, we do have the SSQA front end so we do use pallet forks to get the load closer.

Running with the stabilizers extended - don't think that will do much good for front weight and if you hit something with the stabilizer, it could be a really bad day.

Extending the back hoe may help.

The real method is to not lift such a heavy load. The machine is not stable unless you can add more rear weight.

Frankly, I find the sub-compact tractor very tippy with no load. Not a fan. Its has its purpose but the tractor pictured in my avatar is my go to girl. She and I do a lot of work together.

/ tractor tipping question #16  
I have 80 acres. There are places on my property where I simply WILL NOT take a tractor. Not even my Kubota. I, also, have lifted a rear wheel. That was with my first tractor - Ford 1700. With it I found the "forbidden spots".

It's simply not worth it. The chance of serious injury or worse and the cost to repair the tractor.

Heck - there are a few places on my property where standing upright is difficult. I won't even take my ATV to those places. And then there is my ten acre lake. It has vertical basalt lava cliffs and is 80 feet deep. I stay, at least, 50 feet away from those vertical cliffs with any type of motorized vehicle.

/ tractor tipping question #17  
Extending the back hoe may help.
I extend the backhoe and swing it uphill as a counterweight somewhat frequently, and that's with spacers on the rear wheels.

Those tiny tractors sure aren't overly stable, or at least don't feel like it. On the positive side, if/when I lay it on its side it'll be real easy to upright again.

/ tractor tipping question #18  
I extend the backhoe and swing it uphill as a counterweight somewhat frequently, and that's with spacers on the rear wheels.

Those tiny tractors sure aren't overly stable, or at least don't feel like it. On the positive side, if/when I lay it on its side it'll be real easy to upright again.
Hopefully you’re not under it. I rolled a four wheeler as a teenager and got flown to the hospital, wasn’t going fast and it’s probably 1/3 or less weight than a compact tractor let alone with BH.

/ tractor tipping question #19  
I hope not.

On the other hand I'm somewhat used to being in vehicles that roll over, ranging from cars to pickups to Jeeps (lots of them with that one, not even counting just laying it on its side).

The neighbor across the road died from crashing his ATV, though. That was a forwards endo.

/ tractor tipping question #20  
I bought some pallets of precast modular retaining wall from a guy down the road. The manufacturer says the pallets are 1850 lbs. Talk about pucker factor trying to load these pallets on my trailer to get them home. The sketchiest tractor work I have ever done. I had a 1200 lb. ballast on the back and QA pallet forks. Unloading them was even worse. Sometimes it is just not worth it. As much as I am dreading it I will be loading the remaining 3 pallets on the trailer by hand. Be careful out there folks!
IMG_0105 (1).jpg