Tractor Shortages

/ Tractor Shortages #181  
I'd say that your Tractor House example proves the point about the dollar falling.
When you take the same tractor and can use it for a couple of years and after that much more use it takes MORE dollars to buy that tractor then that doesn't mean the tractor's value has somehow gone up. It means that the dollars are worth less.
rScotty

I certainly agree inflation is responsible for some of this but we also have covid shortages severely limiting new inventory which has increased selling prices, and used values follow new. Also contributing to shortages is the demand by many of the credit purchasers since interest is practically zero. If (when?) consumer credit raises to 8+% and the big manufacturers start promoting "7% interest for 6 years" instead of 0%, a lot of people who previously could buy tractor won't be able to, slowing demand.

/ Tractor Shortages #182  
Dealers around me seem to have them. Might be limited to certain models.

/ Tractor Shortages #183  
The closest Kubota dealer just restocked their SCUT and CUT fleet yesterday with the B1241 (24HP), B2261 (25HP), L2351 (37HP), L2421 (44HP) and L2501 (50HP) models.

266817709_1887249981461916_8154433092158899590_n.jpg
266531936_1887249994795248_4224179246689719399_n.jpg

/ Tractor Shortages #184  
So THAT'S where all the Kubota's are going! :)

/ Tractor Shortages #185  
There’s no tractor shortage, no DEF shortage and no Rotella shortage.
Just like there was no TP shortage and no hand sanitizer shortage.

/ Tractor Shortages #190  
I'd been wanting to look at a Kioti RX7320 powershuttle cab model since early last year. I'd looked at an open station, but really wanted another cab tractor. My dealer said they had a few on order, but they were getting hit with delays because of factory shutdowns due to the pandemic.

I'm at the dealership fairly often for parts (almost all my farm equipment is old stuff) and I always asked - getting any new tractors in? And the answer always was that they had no idea, they find out when the truck is on it's way.

Back in June of this year, I had sent an email to my sales guy about some equipment I had for sale there, and asked again about the Kioti. He said he was just about to call me, because they got one in that Monday and were just finishing prep on it and he had just taken some pictures for the website that he was going to send me.

He also said that he had three other people on the list waiting for one. This was a Wednesday afternoon, and I said I'd stop by on Friday.

Then he called me back 20 minutes later and said somebody was coming to look at it late that afternoon, and could I make it out there now? So I put a deposit on it over the phone just to reserve the tractor so I could go look at it...

I went up there that Friday, looked it over, and signed the paperwork. They sold me the tractor at last year's pricing, and I was able to get it for $0 down and 0% financing for 72 months. They even would have refunded my deposit after signing the paperwork, but I had them take it off the bill anyway.