Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,471  
Well the salesman told us too so we bought four of them. They weld great, but the pulse isnt used often (you can hear a sonic whine in the office when they use the pulse option) once everybody tried this new gadget, they now use it only to penetrate the root pass of a beveled V weld. For filling the other layers it isnt used because it has no merits then, but gives a slightly rougher finish. In hindsight we would probably not have paid for the pulse option...

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,472  
Renze just saved a lot of people a lot of money. All the wives are happy!!!

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,474  
Anyway, I turned and centered and welded main swing mechanism....now for the hardest and believe me the most complicated part of the machine...swing cylinders. Anyone who is familliar with this issue knows that this combined movement of those two swing cylinders does not forgive any mistakes. There is a 5 mm window in geometry in which this works...

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,475  
Renze just saved a lot of people a lot of money. All the wives are happy!!!
I said the pulse mig isnt worth the money unless youre doing root passes on one inch or thicker. Not that the expensive welders didnt give better, more stable arc than our older ones when filling large bevels without pulsing.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,476  
Anyone who is familliar with this issue knows that this combined movement of those two swing cylinders does not forgive any mistakes. There is a 5 mm window in geometry in which this works...
Yup.. isnt it satisfying when you get it just right ? 😄💪

#1,477  
Yup.. isnt it satisfying when you get it just right ? 😄💪
Ofcourse. There is a ton of planning and drawing behid the geometric solution. I've figured quite fast that at half point of the swing cylinders get in a impossible position where they should both go out to achieve this arc unless you manage to get that lever ratio under 5 mm.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,478  
Ofcourse. There is a ton of planning and drawing behid the geometric solution. I've figured quite fast that at half point of the swing cylinders get in a impossible position where they should both go out to achieve this arc unless you manage to get that lever ratio under 5 mm.
Its not uncommon for a swing setup to have one of the two cylinders at, or slightly over its dead point so it actually works against. But because it works against at its dead end, while the other works with full arm, its ok.

180 degree swing sets for a swivel loader are worst. For a backhoe where you can use trunnion mount its much better, and for articulated loaders its easy because they only have to do 80 to 90 degrees....

#1,479  
Testing the oil tank for leakage; passed ;)

So I welded top cover and painted it

After that I made kingpost braking cylinders, 4 of them, one in each corner.

Turning them on the lathe after welding. It was almost unnecessary

#1,480  
Sooo...after alot of other projects I decided to finally finish this one. Welding of the swing cylinders and preparing upper holding plate... This has to be welded dissasembled not to burn those seals in the cylinders...