Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,462  
When I see new posts here, I'm hoping it's a progress post but often disappointed by just posts like these. Oops, here I go too lol.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,465  
It's like hand writing, the more you do it the better it looks. It's also important to buy a good welder. Now I own a Synergy Mig welder with 380 Amps max current and water cooled torch, but next "wish" is a dual pulse welder. That's a long term plan...

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,466  
It's like hand writing, the more you do it the better it looks. It's also important to buy a good welder. Now I own a Synergy Mig welder with 380 Amps max current and water cooled torch, but next "wish" is a dual pulse welder. That's a long term plan...
Your handwriting is looking good. :)

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,467  
Now I own a Synergy Mig welder with 380 Amps max current and water cooled torch, but next "wish" is a dual pulse welder.
At work we run a bunch of Fronius pulse welders. Once it wasnt new anymore, the pulse possibility is hardly ever used. And when its used, its for the root pass on 40mm thick steel. So the 8000 euro extra price really goes to waste in the work that you do.

#1,468  
Really, why? From what I saw they make a great weld. Which process is the best?

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,469  
Pulse welding gives better penetration in a sharp beveled seam because it allows you to put more heat into the same amount of welding wire, but the guys prefer a steady arc for finish welds, which gives smoother appearance. These Fronius do have a more stable arc when pulse welding isnt used though, but that has to do with the overall quality of the AC/DC converter and leveller in these 16.000 euro welders, not with their pulse weld ability...

#1,470  
So you think it's not worth extra money. I'm satisfied with my Synergy right now but figured the pulse is an improvement...