Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I am able to move piles of dirt around witout a toobar but sometimes find that it's a little difficult to dig in on certain piles. I'm wondering if one would would make that any easier? What about picking up seaweed in a compost pile? I often flip the piles during its lifespan.

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #2  
tooth bar will help considerably.

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #3  
You'll find that it helps fill the bucket and bucket has a little more capacity. Also with stringy material (like seaweed, roots, sod, etc) it tends to cut and separate a little easier than the flat bucket edge. IE when you pull away from the pile, more stays in and with the bucket.

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #4  
W.R. Long is a brand I recommend:

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #5  
A toothbar like I have on my bucket would help considerably. Mine is made by Rankin. Good for long, stringy material. I have, more or less, permanently mounted this toothbar.
IMG_0270.jpeg

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #6  
1683027446985.png

I use one of these for handling large shredded tree mulch, very good penetration into piles, get big heaping loads. Works better than a toothed bucket. Handles roots, dirt, rocks,...

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed
I've been reading around everywhere and as with many products, there's not a clear way to go, it just depends on what you need it for. I need to get into dirt piles a little easier and seaweed.

I've looked at the Heavy Hitch Toothbar and the WR Long tooth bar, booth look good. I came across the Piranha Tooth Bar and that looks interesting as well. Price point looks good too.

I'm not sure if that will help with what I'm trying to accomplish?

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #8  
everything attachments has one too that is really beefy but may be overkill for your application

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #9  
Piranha bar is especially made for scut. Size and power of tractor makes a big difference. Like mine but don’t have seaweed. Do turn a compost pile and do considerable clearing and driveway maintenance. No need to take it off and on for different tasks.

Had bolt on regular toothbar on L3800 bucket. and didn’t like it. Didn’t have the loader power.

The EA wicked toothbar looks pretty good too.

/ Toothbar - Moving compost/seaweed #10  
I have the Piranha bar and love it. I leave it on permanently. Has not dulled or worn appreciably in 4 years. And it's been beaten up pretty well.