Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #421  
I love these staplers. As you bear down on the trigger, you are also pushing down on the front of the stapler where the staple comes out therefore squeezing the material together.
They take Arrow T50 staples too.

I'm on my second; I love these staple guns.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #422  
I find that misfire occasionally also. A shot of your favorite lube seems to help a lot.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #423  
I vaguely remembering owning a Panasonic cordless drill about the same time as Makita's 9.6v drill was popular, but I haven't seen another Panasonic drill since.

I'm still using a Panasonic impact driver and drill that I purchased in 2009. Fantastic tools with really good trigger control. I also have older M28 and new M18 tools but the Panasonic impact driver is still my go-too cordless tool.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #424  
I'm still using a Panasonic impact driver and drill that I purchased in 2009. Fantastic tools with really good trigger control. I also have older M28 and new M18 tools but the Panasonic impact driver is still my go-too cordless tool.
I also have one of the older (ca.2000 15.5V?) Panasonic cordless drills, still operational. I didn't use it enough to keep the battery charged, after switching mostly to Bosch 18V ca.2010, so it lives in my FIL's shop now.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #425  
I ended up with a pet grooming table with electric adjustment, it's like 20" by 40" or something and goes from like 15" on the low side to around 40" on the high side, it's pretty handy when I have it cleared off...

Years ago we got a Gorilla cart with 13" tires, it's great for making small loads of firewood from the shed to the porch when the weather is gross and the Ranger would get stuck or something... that thing is nice, worth the $120 at Lowes...

I'm sure I have more cool stuff that I use all the time and don't think about...

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #427  
My most useful tool, as my eyes age, is bifocal safety glasses. :LOL:

When I was a younger man, I wondered how old wood workers had a knack for cutting off their own fingers. Then it occurred to me: bifocals!

In my videos, my buddy, Mark, wears cheaters and I've been lucky enough so far to just need to take off my glasses to see anything up close, but as we're getting older, we're getting closer and closer to our welds to the point that younger people are like, "How come all these old men stick their heads in the fumes when they're welding?"

Mark welding.jpg
Eric welding.jpg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #428  
Reportedly, the most common cause of orthopedic injury to middle-aged, white males is falling down stairs while adjusting to a new pair of bifocals.

But I couldn't do without them, either.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
I called our power company because my white pine limb was touching the 7,200 volt line going to transformer. The guy said I'll cut all the limbs you want if you promise not to laugh at my saw. It was a Makita pole saw with I'm guessing 10" blade. Now I want one, it was fantastic!
2023_03_21_14.38.02.jpg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #430  
but as we're getting older, we're getting closer and closer to our welds to the point that younger people are like, "How come all these old men stick their heads in the fumes when they're welding?"
My issue with welding as I've gotten older is not being able to see the work due to the intensity of the arc. Don't know if a different helmet might help...mine's fixed, I think an 11. I've had to go with some fairly high-wattage lighting to be able to see well.
Reportedly, the most common cause of orthopedic injury to middle-aged, white males is falling down stairs while adjusting to a new pair of bifocals.

But I couldn't do without them, either.
I went with progressive lenses 10-12 years ago and never looked back. Still have to lean my head back to read shelf labels, or sometimes a computer screen but to a much lesser extent than bifocals.
Took a little getting used to, but no worse than adjusting to a new prescription.

They're not for everyone...my wife tried them and hated 'em.