Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #441  
I went to see my family doctor recently for a checkup, a nice young lady doc. She asked if I had anything new going on. I said “yes” and explained. She asked if that was “normal”, I replied “you tell me as I haven’t been 62 before.”
I have a hat that says. " people tell me to act my age. I can't. I've never been this old before"

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
Well...I just picked this up and used it some before dark. I started with Dewalt 20v and have plenty of batteries and chargers. A brushless three section pole saw from Ace Hardware for $149. The bit I used it, it's great. I like the limb hook on cast aluminum case. The safety trigger is a little funky so I'll just remove it. It's light and powerful even at just 20 volts...and there are better ones but works well for the money. Eight inch blade doesn't seem like much but fine for limbs.
It says 15 foot reach which is weird...they should just say length. (Shoulder level?).
Now I won't be hitting tractor ROPS bar getting all those cedar sprays down my shirt!
20230323_191013.jpg
20230323_192510.jpg
20230323_191033.jpg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #444  
I spent quite a few years cleaning up my friend's 31 acres of eastern old growth oak, poplar, and ash, after hurricane Sandy rolled over us in 2012. Huge tagled messes of 40" diameter trees arranged like highly-tensioned pickup sticks.

My friend, then in his early 70's and having spent his whole life in the woods, taught me a few good tricks during that extended project. One of which was using a pole saw to saw sprung branches, so you don't need to be atop them, in case you misjudge which way the tension will release when cut.

Long way of saying, you'll find some good use for a pole saw, not all of which is overhead!

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #445  
Well...I just picked this up and used it some before dark. I started with Dewalt 20v and have plenty of batteries and chargers. A brushless three section pole saw from Ace Hardware for $149. The bit I used it, it's great. I like the limb hook on cast aluminum case. The safety trigger is a little funky so I'll just remove it. It's light and powerful even at just 20 volts...and there are better ones but works well for the money. Eight inch blade doesn't seem like much but fine for limbs.
It says 15 foot reach which is weird...they should just say length. (Shoulder level?).
Now I won't be hitting tractor ROPS bar getting all those cedar sprays down my shirt!View attachment 790438View attachment 790439View attachment 790440
Be sure to snug that chain up some. Its loose.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #447  
DeWalt 20 volt 4 gal. backpack sprayer. Bought recently to replace old manual backpack pump ones. So much better than old school manual ones. Has adjustable gpm, easy to adjust harness, multiple spray tips, self priming, consistent spray. Reasonably priced for tool alone, I'm a cordless DeWalt tool junky lol.
Modified sprayer end to help control overspray and move evergreen branches out of way. Time will tell on durability so far has worked flawless.

Attachments

• KIMG1912.JPG
    KIMG1912.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #448  
We've got to liking polesaws over the years. All ours are gas operated (own many) Here is why. View attachment 790930View attachment 790932View attachment 790934
Nothing like using a pole saw to cut an overhead limp with your arms fully extended and have the limb pinch and grab the saw blade. Then the fun part starts, walking to get a chainsaw, the ladder and a rope all to use to cut the limb, secure the pole saw so it will not fall and damage it when you cut the limb while standing on the ladder. Oh, I forgot also tie a rope to the chainsaw handle so you can drop it and have both hands to grab onto something besides thin air hopefully if you start to fall.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #449  
I had to show my son how to get the pole saw unstuck with two people, one to pull the branch sideways :)

I also will sometimes take the fiskars pole saw with me, just in case.
Nothing like getting two pole saws stuck :cool:

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #450  
I had to show my son how to get the pole saw unstuck with two people, one to pull the branch sideways :)

I also will sometimes take the fiskars pole saw with me, just in case.
Nothing like getting two pole saws stuck :cool:
That never happens just like no one gets 2 chains saws stuck (takes stupid effort but I managed).