To CAB or NOT

/ To CAB or NOT #161  
Are the AC units in the Cabs good and last? Will they last 10 years and longer? Does anyone have a 10 year old Cab with ice cold AC still pumping out?
I have a 2011 John Deere 5093E that the A/C still blows cold as ice and all I have done is keep the filters clean/changed. Knock on wood.

/ To CAB or NOT #162  
Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2860M Massey Ferguson Deluxe CAB w/air-ride seat!!!! I road it around at the dealer in the cold and rain today. I was checking out a bigger OOS tractor they had in the rain as well. The bigger tractor was nice but every time I got back in that cab I was smiling. Nice and warm. I got a nice back blade, 3rd remote, top&tilt and 7ft back blade to go with it. Should have it delivered next week once they get everything together. I am going to do another post about my buying/looking experience once I get it home. Thanks for all the input. It was a TOUGH decision with years of research. Here are a few pics of it at the dealer:

View attachment 859275View attachment 859276View attachment 859277
Congratulations on the new tractor! That looks like a really good tractor and I like the layout of the cab and controls.

/ To CAB or NOT #163  
Nice choice! Only thing I'd add would be a quick hitch for the 3-point. Mine makes me smile at least twice per day, as I'm often dropping what's on the three point in one garage, to be able to park my tractor in another.

/ To CAB or NOT #164  
Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2860M Massey Ferguson Deluxe CAB w/air-ride seat!!!! I road it around at the dealer in the cold and rain today. I was checking out a bigger OOS tractor they had in the rain as well. The bigger tractor was nice but every time I got back in that cab I was smiling. Nice and warm. I got a nice back blade, 3rd remote, top&tilt and 7ft back blade to go with it. Should have it delivered next week once they get everything together. I am going to do another post about my buying/looking experience once I get it home. Thanks for all the input. It was a TOUGH decision with years of research. Here are a few pics of it at the dealer:

VERY NICE! You'll love the cab AND having the OS. Congrats.

/ To CAB or NOT
Congratulations on the new tractor! That looks like a really good tractor and I like the layout of the cab and controls.
The Cab on the 2860m is very nice. The comfort and layout of this cab won me over. They really though about the operator and ergonomics.

/ To CAB or NOT #166  
That air ride seat is a very nice option to have if you are doing much field work with her.

/ To CAB or NOT #167  
I bought an open tractor, got tired of freezing in the winter. I bought an aftermarket enclosure and it seems to be a good compromise. I stay warm in the winter, especially if the sun is shining and it is easy to pull the enclosure off in the summer if I want. After the initial install, which took about 2 hrs, it is about 20 min to remove or install. Usually I just pull the doors off and that takes about 2 minutes.
In my old age a real heated cab would be nice in the winter, but open cab is the other seasons is handy if you are on and off a lot.

Attachments

• 20161230_093252.jpg
    20161230_093252.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
   / To CAB or NOT #168  
In my old age a real heated cab would be nice in the winter, but open cab is the other seasons is handy if you are on and off a lot.
I think this depends on the tractor design as well as personal preference.

I have both cab and OS tractors and find it easier to mount & dismount from the cab. The handle on the cab door swings out when open, providing a secure balance point a couple of feet out from the tractor frame.

/ To CAB or NOT #169  
I'm 84 and have no problem jumping in and out of the cab.
I can thank my wife for telling me to get a tractor with a cab
before I even got to the dealer.
Can you imagine a cave man sitting in his cave beating on
his tom tom saying we ain't never gonna have a/c??? 🤣

willy

/ To CAB or NOT #170  

Congrats!

Massey makes a nice spacious cab for a big man, which I happen to be. I don't feel cramped at all in our 1750M. I think you made a great choice of tractor, I am a little bias though ;)

I went and sat on a Yanmar YT235 on Friday and it was a cramped cab for me. Probably fine for avg. size person.

I think in one more year, maybe two, I'm going to pull the trigger on this guy and keep my OS SA425. I have access to the 1750M but since it belongs to the LLC my wife and her sister own together I don't feel like I can trailer it to do side work without possibly creating a rif with family. I haven't decided on cab or OS for this tractor but I'm leaning Cab.

1711906640689.png