Forks Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE!

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #21  
THE! problem is crooks, not selling venues.

No, the crooks can't be crooks without the venue.

The whole cart without the horse thing...

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE!
I'm not after an argument but that's sort of like blaming the existence of drivers licenses for traffic accidents or deaths? The selling venue is not committing the crime, the criminal is the culprit. These selling venues are spending big bucks to snuff this criminal activity and the sadder aspect is that we as consumers pay the cost in higher price points.
One of my newer rants is that many plastic thieves-the ones who cause you and me to get a new credit card twice a year is they do the gift card thing then cash in. My peeve is these sleezy pawn shops and pay here car lots that have big signs out front saying they'll buy your gift cards-when we know they are buying gift cards bought mostly with stolen CC information!
Now snobdds, you can say the cards are to blame for the thefts, not the thief?
If you want to say there's "wild west" sales venue then start a thread on CL or flea markets. I use CL often and love it but it's a dangerous marketplace if your a noob/ignorant of realities of private sales.
This thread is (was) about thieves posting fictitious merchandise from a company that's popular with value priced tractor attachments for forum members.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #23  
I wound up buying my Bradco skid steer forks several years ago from a local heavy truck & equipment dealer. At the time, it seems as though they were priced about the same everywhere, whether online or local.
Apparently that isn't the case these days if people are taking days & weeks sifting through ebay & Amazon sellers. I'll spend maybe a day or two shopping in that manner. But generally, when I need something, I need it. I'm not comparison shopping for weeks on end.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE!
I'm not spending weeks shopping. I do have Titan forks on a price watch and other things to do while I wait for the price to come down, as it does often. I'll only use them around my sawmill which is a non-commercial operation centered on personal needs. If your a buy here and pay what's asked shopper, then go for it. The thread was a helpfully intended scam alert, started by me, not a shopping tutorial for contractors in Ontario. Your PS says it all in this regard...
Where'd you get this days and weeks thing from? Am I a tightwad-absolutely.
I tried a few tractor dealers in my nearby area and all wanted an arm & a leg for a fork set for my tractor. Many dealers these days get pissed if you even act like you might buy online. If I was closer to the place in AL that sells at a great pricepoint but no free shipping, I'd buy there. They also sell on ebay. Meanwhile I can wait, thank you. If it's my deep freeze or transportation that needs a part, the senario changes.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #25  

Kantuckid, you have it right it's the dam*ed crooks that need to be hung, to many people seem to try and blame everything but the the piece of crap that performed the act,
whatever it is.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #26  

Crook are crooks. They can use Ebay, Amazon, CL or any other tool to find someone to deal with. If all those sources were non-existent they'd come up with another one. They chose what's easiest. They could just come to your door and kick it in...but it's more work and risk!

So if they come to your door and kick it in, is the problem YOU, because you have a home they'd like to rob?

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #27  
I'm not spending weeks shopping. I do have Titan forks on a price watch and other things to do while I wait for the price to come down, as it does often. I'll only use them around my sawmill which is a non-commercial operation centered on personal needs. If your a buy here and pay what's asked shopper, then go for it. The thread was a helpfully intended scam alert, started by me, not a shopping tutorial for contractors in Ontario. Your PS says it all in this regard...
Where'd you get this days and weeks thing from? Am I a tightwad-absolutely.
I tried a few tractor dealers in my nearby area and all wanted an arm & a leg for a fork set for my tractor. Many dealers these days get pissed if you even act like you might buy online. If I was closer to the place in AL that sells at a great pricepoint but no free shipping, I'd buy there. They also sell on ebay. Meanwhile I can wait, thank you. If it's my deep freeze or transportation that needs a part, the senario changes.

The easiest place to take your money, under false pretenses, is through a mechanism that allows me to remain unanimous and unambiguous. By the time anyone is non the wiser, they're gone. Ebay is a scammers dream and consumers nightmare. People put up with it because they are thinking there is no other way to get a deal.

Sometimes it's too expensive to be cheap. It's funny that I will not be scammed, because I don't use ebay. Others get scammed and somehow they think it's the scammer and not ebay. The difference between you and I is ebay. This should be simple to see.

Lets see ebay institute a policy where a seller must submit personal identification to sell (SSN for example). Then, it might change.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #28  
Ebay has mostly good people selling stuff like the rest of the marketplace. Feedback information
is easy to read on ebay.

Good posts, KENTUCK. Interesting anecdote about your bad seller.

I have bought and sold 1000s of items on eBay and Craigs. Bought some things over the years on Amazon as well, but
have almost always found prices higher there than from dealers on eBay. I am in my 20th year as an eBay buyer/seller, and
it has gotten much better in terms of fighting seller fraud. Today an eBay seller is much more likely to get screwed by a bad
buyer, vs. a bad seller screwing a buyer, due to eBay's buyer protection mechanisms.

Now that said, I independently saw the same eBay fraudulent sellers of Titan forks, as I was looking to buy a set. They
had minimal feedback, and what feedback there was, was negative. They were as much as $200 less than list
for the product! The maker was at $479, as was Amazon, total cost. It was purchased via Amazon and arrived
yesterday. Looks good!

I have been looking on and off for years for a decent skidsteer pallet fork frame around here for less than
$500, and never found any.

Last edited:
   / Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #29  

So, guns create criminals? Criminals are criminals, they exist, they will find a way; there is always commerce, thus always a venue.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #30  
So, guns create criminals? Criminals are criminals, they exist, they will find a way; there is always commerce, thus always a venue.

Were talking about an auction selling venue correct...? Not the the street corner.

Keep the examples to the actual context here.

FOCUS