Forks Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE!

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #11  
Just looked and there are a pile of the Titan box blades on EBay . Sellers that never ship. Thanks for the tip!

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #12  
Unfortunately, this doesn't really apply to eBay, but it should be good for Amazon:

A website that scrutinizes reviews and comments on Amazon, and a couple other sites, looks for patterns, certain keywords and language to give a product's reviews a "grade". Fakespot helps pick out those fake reviews created by less-than-reputable reviewers. It'd be great if they'd expand to eBay, but for now they only cover Amazon, Yelp, TripAdvisor and the Apple App store.

Great info since customer reviews are getting to be the thing now and I learned that folks are in the business of selling their good review of something they never saw before.....I noticed numerous reviews that looked suspicious...very vague, brief type things.

Thanks for the heads up.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE!
I've bought 260 items off ebay in the last 2 years. Only 3 of those were a problem for me. In all 3 cases ebay or the seller made corrections as necessary, in my favor, to get the problem resolved maintaining the 5 star rating of the seller. No complaints. On pricing, yes some sellers buy where you are buying and obviously add fees for their time and effort for those who don't do as you did for whatever reason. Their shipping time is hard to beat. Few suppliers of parts I use on this farm can respond as fast.

The Titan forks you mention, are they made by the Titan Tire Co.? I bought a couple of 33x12.5x16.5 Titan turfs recently and just went to my Titan tire dealer who ordered them, got a great below list price and had them shipped free since he had deliveries from them anyway.

The "forks" you ask about are not made bny anyone as the ads are listing items that don't exist except as a picture and a few words... Again, the ebay fake ads I mentioned have zero to do with Titan products or the company itself. Just a case of another scammer. I have 900 ebay feedbacks and over the years been scammed a few times but overall I'm a an ebay user not hater!
I know nothing about Titan Tire company?
Amazon has a method for stating which reviews are real and reviews are like most opinions, taken with a dose of reality. These days a car review will often be about the vehicles gizmos, not the actual vehicle. Same for farm stuff-it comes, looks new and shiny and someone says they like how they spent their own money...

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #14  
Are you within the 1,000 miles radius of free shipping from Everything Attachments? I have nothing but full confidence in their stuff. Pricing is VERY competitive: they have a box blade that I was considering (found one I liked a little better) and total cost was $1,200 cheaper than a local reseller of that same manufacturer's box blade!

I bought a set of forks at the same time I bought a grapple from them. I think that the forks were even cheaper than what my Kioti dealer had quoted me (as a package deal when I bought my NX).

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #15  
Last edited:
   / Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #16  
As sellers with over 15000 eBay feedbacks we have seen what the proliferation of Chinese sellers has resulted in. The good news is that if use your CC and pay via Paypal you have 2 levels of defense. Even if eBay doesn't help (which is unlikely) you can go to Paypal for help and next to your Bank.

Using these options you can always get things corrected. One really good thing about eBay over Amazon is that on eBay you can exclude all sellers outside the US or North America in item searches and this helps.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #17  
My favorite two words are: It depends.

Although it was somewhat of a struggle (learning process, and maintaining a level of trust), I once bought stuff directly from a manufacturer in China. They really were great (communications was a bit tough- I applaud anyone who can somehow communicate in English as a second language). This wasn't a low-dollar purchase. I forced them to use Alibaba's system: I wouldn't really rely on it, but I figured it was better than nothing. If I were to transact with this company again I wouldn't feel the need to use a 3rd party.

When the price of something is over $100 I tend to go with a proven entity. Under that then it's like gambling: if you are OK with the possibility of losing that kind of money then it might be worth the risk. If several hundred dollars then it's ONLY a source that I can verify.

Mostly I just go for quality and then to look for a reputable seller who is selling for a fair price. I value my sleep.

Are you within the 1,000 miles radius of free shipping from Everything Attachments? I have nothing but full confidence in their stuff. Pricing is VERY competitive: they have a box blade that I was considering (found one I liked a little better) and total cost was $1,200 cheaper than a local reseller of that same manufacturer's box blade!

I bought a set of forks at the same time I bought a grapple from them. I think that the forks were even cheaper than what my Kioti dealer had quoted me (as a package deal when I bought my NX).

I'm within 1,000 miles but their (Everything Attachments) pallet fork set is much higher price point than Titan which has free shipping too. I'm waiting for Titan to renew their sale again @ 10% off on tractor pallet forks. I'll choose their USA built "UA" set as USA matters when available. The forks themselves are made in China, it's only the backplate that's welded in USA but still that;s a local job for someone. I am still a bit pissed that my pallet forks disappeared from my cart (they sold out while item was on sale @ 10% off) on Titans website while I was calling ebay to report the stealers who were fronting Titan's products line!
Back to ebay- they do backup sales there where in the past you were more so at the mercy of sellers.
I'll share this story: Years ago I bought a vacuum cleaner off a guy in Louisville,KY. He was doing a scam using pictures lifted off the web to sell non-existent items-vacs & welders. Much like is still common on CL & ebay. The guy was stupid enough to use an actual address in Kentucky (my state). I first called the Louisville police department who basically gave me the finger! Said they get too many complaints like mine to investigate. I tried a USPS complaint as a mail crime, which it was. Filled out lots of forms and wasted my time. They did zero follow up on my situation. Forget that one! The USPS has so many hurdles that you'll die before you get anywhere trying to catch the bad guys, even when you have hard facts!
I had the situation hard and fast yet got nowhere with them. Then I happened to read an article in the Lexington-Herald newspaper about a Louisville police detective who was assigned to internet crime which was a relatively newsworthy thing when this happened about 2001. Certainly not now as the web sales thing has become huge indeed!
I got the guy who just happened to have a case against the same guy whom cheated me on the ebay vacuum cleaner. He said the guy was a fast food manager in Louisville who he could use the extra crime against to increase his chances of a stronger penalty on court day for his case.
Two things came my way from that situation-
1st-Lots of time spent by me trying to make the thief pay!!!
2nd- I was payed restitution through the KY court system by the criminal.
When I called ebay to report this the ebay guy (in Phillipines) said that Chinese criminals use the address of people living in the USA and that persons ebay identity to sell ficticious items making them very hard to catch up with. They basically shut one down then another pops up selling something else. They promptly removed the items I was looking at-pallet forks, yet other stuff came up as mentioned here above.
My Titan contact said they use a 3rd party contractor to combat web crimes that are used against his companies products.
The hug number of Chinese sellers on ebay that are honest value their ability to sell there and will make things right when asked. I often use them for small item purchases that save me money.
Amazon & ebay sellers are often the same seller anyway. I bought a magnetic on/off switch for a shop tool on ebay last week. It came to me via UPS to my back porch while I was in NM on vacation. The envelope said Amazon as did the papers inside. Even the UPS shipment coming message in my email said Amazon shipment. Mattered not overall but I will say that sellers have told me ebay takes a smaller cut from the sale than amazon. Both places charge sellers a % just like a credit card which we as consumers must pay. I often try to make a direct connection to save the seller and myself that fee. even if the price is the same I like that I've helped their margin.

/ Titan Ebay Issues-BEWARE! #19  
The problem is ebay, not titan.

Like the old saying goes...A cheap problem is more expansive than a pricey guarantee.

It's too expensive to be cheap, order from a known guarantee and be done with it.

THE! problem is crooks, not selling venues.