Pallet fork / frame compatibility

/ Pallet fork / frame compatibility #1  

WinterDeere

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3033R; JD 855 MFWD
I need to get a new set of pallet forks to go on my Deere 320R loader, and there are plenty of options out there, with most of the best prices showing up on eBay. Unfortunately, when one seller just has frames and another just has forks, I'm having trouble figuring out if they'd be compatible. It appears they're all made to the same standard and interchangeable, but there's just not enough information available from the sellers to really say for sure, and return shipping on stuff this big and heavy gets unattractive real quick.

Titan Attachments appears to have all the same stuff, literally identical with the exception of a few stickers, but their prices are substantially higher -- like 50% - 100% higher -- for what appears to be the same exact item.

Here's a frame I'm considering, available from two different sellers on ebay, and also at Titan Attachments:

On this particular model, the Titan version has three additional sockets welded to the frame for bale spears (no need here), but is otherwise the same size, weight, and design.

Here's a set of forks:

I emailed each of the frame sellers, and none could tell me if these or any other forks could fit their frame. One couldn't even tell me the weight capacity rating for the frame, they're just resellers importing and selling.

There are frame + fork combos on eBay, but none with a hitch receiver, and most are the taller frame that would be more difficult for me to store.

Anyone go thru this before, and determine they all fit with one another? No one is posting the critical dimension between the cleats or mounting rails, just useless stuff like overall height.

/ Pallet fork / frame compatibility #2  
Cheaper to buy a full set ? Only 1 shipping charge too.
To answer your question - I believe the forks for a SS attachment are a standardized size and fitment. I bought a pallet grapple without forks and put an old pair of forklift 42" that had been replaced with 48" on it. No problem

/ Pallet fork / frame compatibility
It's actually the same price $580, either way. I didn't post the cheapest seller for the frame, I just posted the one with the best info.

I like the shorter frame because it has a hitch receiver, which I use a lot on my current rig, and because I won't have to cut away what's already on top to eventually mount my thumb rig onto this. I know I could just cut and weld my own hitch receiver onto the one you posted, but I prefer to use something as it is for awhile before I start cutting it, just in case it fails prematurely or doesn't live up to expectations. Always hard arguing with a seller about a product, after you've modified it.

The short frame I showed is easy to store in a tight barn, although I honestly haven't completely settled on where I'll be storing this implement yet. The forks are 100 lb. each (oof!), so not something I want to be putting on and taking off by hand, for every single use. The down side of the short frames is they can be more dangerous when lifting logs, if you roll back a bit too far, but as I intend to mount a thumb on this someday anyway...

But back to the OQ... will any of these forks fit any of these frames? The sellers don't seem to know anything about fork/frame compatibility.

Last edited:
   / Pallet fork / frame compatibility #4  
But back to the OQ... will any of these forks fit any of these frames? The sellers don't seem to know anything about fork/frame compatibility.
Most forks have the same mount. The hooks are 16 inches apart. There are some larger forklift forks that are different but it's very unlikely that that is what you're seeing on Ebay. Based on the dimensions that they do give in the add you posted, I would be very confident that those are the standard size.

Most forks have the same mount. The hooks are 16 inches apart. There are some larger forklift forks that are different but it's very unlikely that that is what you're seeing on Ebay.
Cool. That's what I was assuming, just eyeballing things from the few dimensions given. Thanks for confirming. I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

BTW... for anyone looking, Titan has these listed at $880, with a "special limited time offer" that never seems to expire, of $660. But the dimensions, design, and even the weight on those offered on ebay are identical, at $580.

/ Pallet fork / frame compatibility #6  
Cool. That's what I was assuming, just eyeballing things from the few dimensions given. Thanks for confirming. I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

BTW... for anyone looking, Titan has these listed at $880, with a "special limited time offer" that never seems to expire, of $660. But the dimensions, design, and even the weight on those offered on ebay are identical, at $580.
Compare the shipping too.

Yep. Those are all shipping-included numbers from ebay. But if I have to return an item... ouch!

The Titan numbers are not with free shipping, so they get even more expensive, by comparison.

Yikes, Like my wife, it might be cheaper to keep er o_O
There have indeed been purchases that I've just thrown away or given away, because return shipping would be nearly the same as the cost of the product.

/ Pallet fork / frame compatibility #10  
I suspect not all forks have the same strength too, I know you will check the ratings.