Tire change out

/ Tire change out #1  

Sberry

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mostly green
Finally got the stuff together to roll my own. I can clean and repair so much better than the tire guy. My Bud Lar soldered up an adapter from old valve stem parts and I actually had the pump, never really occurred to me to do tires. I should have done this a long time ago.

Attachments

• bead breakers.JPG
    bead breakers.JPG
    753.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Tire Lar.JPG
    Tire Lar.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 339
  • Tire brine pump.JPG
    Tire brine pump.JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Tire valve.JPG
    Tire valve.JPG
    753.5 KB · Views: 326
   / Tire change out
I am as good or better at this than the tire man.

/ Tire change out #4  
It really only takes a few tire repairs, to pay for the equipment, just repaired 18.4 X 34 last week on the 4020 John Deere, junk rubber in the tubes today, the tube had split,

/ Tire change out #5  
Tube quality went down the drain about 20 years ago. the only rear tubes to buy and have a chance to not have a problem are the heavy duty radials. they can be used in bias or radial tires. Buy your tubes from an established farm tire dealer, not the box stores. the tire dealer has to redo tube problems at his expense, they know which tubes are working and which are not.

/ Tire change out #6  
Had issues with a Travelers tube from TSC. It kept leaking. When I went to remove it the second time the tube split wide open. I found that Firestone still makes tubes int he US. Only select ones though. I found one that fit my tire and installed it. The rubber feels more elastic. Since swapping it out I haven't had a problem.

/ Tire change out #8  
I actually looked at your website but you only had the imported version of the Firestone inner tube in the size I was looking for. The price difference wasn't that much for one made in the USA. I actually had a hard time finding the US made version. If it was me I would play up the "made in the USA" angle.

/ Tire change out #9  
Finally got the stuff together to roll my own. I can clean and repair so much better than the tire guy. My Bud Lar soldered up an adapter from old valve stem parts and I actually had the pump, never really occurred to me to do tires. I should have done this a long time ago.

What is being pump back in the tire? I had calcium put in my tube so it wont rust the rim, my first set that came with the tractor had sticky beet juice in it, wont cause rust.
The trouble with the some tire guy's is they don't know the difference between trailer truck's tire's and tractor tire's psi. air pressure. When the tire company replaced my tractor tire's last year, a 11.2-24 tire calls for 18lbs psi.+or-, the tire guy put in 45lbs. maybe he was going by pis. instead of psi. I was an hour draining calcium and air back out, messy. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll take day off from work and go out there with my son, stand there watching making sure I have 18lbs psi, not pis.