Tool for Draining Filled Tires?

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
The rear tires on my Kubota LX are dealer filled with alcohol mix. I’m going to install the BH and just leave it on moving forward and I understand it's not advisable to run filled tires with the BH. I'd like to drain most of the fluid from the tires but with the valve stems in the 6 o'clock position, I'm not worried about the fluid below the stems.

Is there a link for a tool on Amazon etc. that I can use to drain the fluid. I'm aware of the Haltec 310 Liquid Fill Gun at ~$120, but hoping to find something less expensive for my semi-one time needs...

I suspect the tool would simply be an adapter that screws onto the valve stem and connects to a hose where I would turn the tire so the valve is at 12, remove the stem, install the adapter and rotate to 6 to drain most of the fluid. They are tubeless tires...

OR, is it really necessary in my application, my tires are 15x19.5 and it appears they hold ~29 gallons each to get to 75%. Methanol is about 7lb/gallon so there's ~200lbs of weight in each tire or ~400 lbs total. If I drain just to the stem, I'm probably only removing 2/3rds from each, or 133 each or 266 total. The BH is around 1000 lbs with the bucket. Does that 266 lb fluid reduction even matter?

thank you

Last edited:
   / Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #2  
What I did was u some plastic tubing to syphon the water out of my tires.

I have two piece valve stems designed for loading liquid into the tires.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #3  
If you want it ALL out, you have to suck it out as any liquid below the valve stem won't come out. My farm tire guy has a vacuum pump and a fitting that sucks everything out.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #4  
The weight of your tractor will "flatten" your tire while draining the liquid if you are just gravity draining. To pump it out into a barrel or something any small pump will work eith by using a liquid fill fitting to connect the pump suction or just by a snug fitting hose and possibly a small hose clamp. The pumps suction will collapse the tire while pumping it out, you can actually unseat the bead at times doing so.
1691322532302.png

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #5  
My farm tire repair guy uses a diaphragm pump, screws one end into the tire valve and pumps the other end into a large tractor inner tube. Nice and clean.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #6  
The weight of your tractor will "flatten" your tire while draining the liquid if you are just gravity draining. To pump it out into a barrel or something any small pump will work eith by using a liquid fill fitting to connect the pump suction or just by a snug fitting hose and possibly a small hose clamp. The pumps suction will collapse the tire while pumping it out, you can actually unseat the bead at times doing so.
View attachment 814658
In the thread I referenced above you can that with no air pressure and no water my old R4 did NOT flatten out much if any.

My new radial tire flex really well and flatten with low air pressure.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #7  
This valve works for changing Schrader valves so should also work for draining fluid from tires through it.

Be careful when draining fluid if the tire is jacked up off the floor. I have had a bead break loose from the hanging weight and draining process.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires?
Thanks all.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #9  
Last set of tires I drained I simply put valve at 6 o’clock, removed core and drained water. I positioned tractor on a slight slope sideways to get more out. Also used loader to lift front up and squish tire down some more. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more came out.

/ Tool for Draining Filled Tires? #10  
Thanks all.

Last time I did this I used a cheap electric pump from Harbor Freight.
Worked wonderfully but only once but that was ok as it lasted long enough to drain and refill calcium chloride mix.
Under $20 at the time