Tiller Tiller size

/ Tiller size #1  

Oldstuff

Silver Member
Tractor
'63 Ford 2000
I know similar post have been here before and I did a search related to this issue. Tractor is a 2009 Kubota L3400 extra power, 35.7 HP and 28.5 pto HP, HST with ag tires. Farm is in NE Missouri and the ground is pretty decent- not hard clay. I have looked at KK 60 and 72 inch tillers and the 72 is 780 lbs which is only 90 lbs heavier than the 60 inch tiller. Tire width is 58 inches, and for $500 more I can get the 72 incher. Your thoughts are appreciated.

/ Tiller size
I forgot to include I am tilling one acre.

/ Tiller size #3  
Get the bigger one. You soil isn't clay so it will work (just don't set the depth shoes too deep) and the resale value will be better if you decide to sell it and above all, keep it inside and maintained. People who leave tractors and implements outside and falsely assume the value don't drop are either stupid or brain dead or both.

You always want a tiller that either off sets or is wider than your back wheel track width.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Tiller size #4  
My tractor has 35HP 28.3 PTO HP. (gear drive)
Runs a 6' King Kutter II tiller with no problem.

/ Tiller size
Thanks for your replies, I have actually operated another L3400 with a 5 foot KK and it was no task at all.

/ Tiller size #7  
Guys in Michigan. This is a very good buy on a Woods RTR60.40 Tiller. The guy has it listed as a Yanmar, only the paint is Yanmar! I have one and they go for about $3700 new. Jump on it!

1693534145917.png

/ Tiller size #8  
I have a 6’ Dirt Dog and 34hp at the PTO. I kind of wish I’d have gone to 7’ as this one matches my tire width so it’s a little hard to till up close to things.

Here it is in operation.

/ Tiller size #9  
Seems to be doing a nice job, is that a first pass?

/ Tiller size #10  
42 PTO HP, and in virgin ground, my 72" tiller is all it wants to handle. 50% of the battle is the soil type and compaction