Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #1  

Burnettjm

Tractor
LK3054XS
I am interested in getting a rototiller for my Kioti LK3054. The tractor has a rated engine HP of 30HP, but is limited at the PTO to 25HP. I am finding conflicting information online about HP capacity and a tractor's ability to pull a tiller and I'm hoping someone on here might be able to speak to their experience with a similar-sized machine. The tractor is 5ft wide at the widest point, so I would need to pull at least a 5ft tiller. I have also read that you can knock a few tines off of the tiller to assist with running them. A lot of folks are recommending 1HP per inch of tiller, but that seems to be a very limiting approach compared to what I've seen in other places.

As a side note, this tiller will be used once a year to till a 50 X 50 garden space. I have a walk behind, but it does not do a good job and I'm working to make these kinds of things easier.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #2  
I had a tiller years ago that I am pretty sure was only 4’ wide.

Used it initially on a Kubota B7500 that I think had pretty much the same hp specs that you list. The Kubota handled it fine.

I then bought more land (fields), and needed a brush hog. I traded in the Kubota for a MF1540, which is physically larger than the Kubota (length, width, height, and weight).

I kept the 4’ tiller though and used it on the MF1540. Didn’t have any issues with tire tracks, etc.

Never lost a tine, or broke anything in the tiller. Those are tough little attachments.

So…..I think you’ll be fine with the 4’ tiller. You should be fine with the 5’ tiller too with no modifications; just go slow in low gear, and let the tiller work its magic.

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #3  
5hp per foot is a good rule. You can get by with less, but it will make the job more of a hassle in some cases.

50x50 will take about 5 minutes 😁 We do 50,000 square feet 😎

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #4  
I have my Ford 1715 which is similar in size to your Kioti. I have a 4 foot Howard tiller that I have offset to follow one tire, It doesn't bog the Ford down at all. The biggest problem is keeping the throttle wide open to keep the RPMs high enough to be effective.

I've purchased a 5 foot tiller, but haven't put it to use for anything other than ballast yet.

If I was you, I'd try a 5 foot tiller.

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054
5hp per foot is a good rule. You can get by with less, but it will make the job more of a hassle in some cases.

50x50 will take about 5 minutes 😁 We do 50,000 square feet 😎
Thanks! I do realize that it's overkill for a 50x50, but it beats multiple passes with a walk behind that still results in a poor job any day! haha I appreciate the comment. Thanks!

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #6  
I don't think a 5ft tiller would be a problem. Keep your rpm up and don't expect to go 8 inches deep on 1st pass.

Tillers break up the clods and stir the dirt. If it's roick solid ground, plow it first.

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #7  
Tillers break up the clods and stir the dirt. If it's rock solid ground, plow it first.
If the Kioti doesn't dig deep enough, give these guys a call.

/ Tiller implement limits for a Kioti LK3054 #8  
A hydrostatic tractor of 24 pto hp will drive a 72 in tiller, however I usually put a 60 in on them. The 30 hp with any kind of slow transmission will work fine. Hydrostatics work better because you can use high engine speeds and still have slow ground speed.

willy