This is tragic

/ This is tragic
My craving is satisfied, for now. Mrs. Whut brought home aàsome smoked ribs from the supermarket. I cooked them by the recipe on the label, (kind of). They were delicious anyway.

/ This is tragic #25  
Such a shame but demand drives supply. Majority of people want to woop,holler and consume alcohol when going out to eat. I've consumed enough to float a battleship but I want low key normal volume conversation while eating. Resturants are on every corner around here but all Furr's and Luby's cafeterias have closed. IMO they by far offered the best value,most healthy and family friendly place to eat. Of all places,you would expect to find an abundance of steak places in Texas but most of those have closed or converted to sports bars. At one time Youngblood's,a statewide chain of chicken resturants offered lienen tableclothes and napkins with the finest tasting chicken equeal to mom's and by my wife's own admission,her own fried chicken. I could go on but it just upset's me.
I'd like to reccommend a place for the best chicken fried steak in Texas. Mary's cafe in Strawn Tx. In the middle of cactus and Mesquite cattle country but easy access and short scenic drive off IH-20 at exit 361.
Well said, I see you have your eyes open to what's going on.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will pass it on and will stop by while passing Tx.

/ This is tragic #26  
2Lane, Ya mean the "all you can eat" places?
Not really; I was talking about the classic cafeteria, where you form a line, pick out what you want from behind the glass; they fill your plate, and you pay based on what kind and how many items you choose. The last one in our metro area closed about a year ago, and I really miss it.

/ This is tragic #27  
Not really; I was talking about the classic cafeteria, where you form a line, pick out what you want from behind the glass; they fill your plate, and you pay based on what kind and how many items you choose. The last one in our metro area closed about a year ago, and I really miss it.
When I first started at my last employer in 1987 they had a cafeteria that was also open to the public. Lots of people would come there for lunch that didn't work in the building. It closed probably around 2000.

/ This is tragic #28  
Yea,that's how they operated here. There was a time when you got 1 trip,served yourself and piled on as much as you liked for one price. I was glad to see that change. People sticking a finger in to taste before taking,kids getting 3 deserts,eating 1 and throwing other 2 in floor. There's a few places where you can eat all you can stand:oops: but those aren't for me either.
I have no desire to open or invest in a restaurant but if I did I might see if there is a niche for Cajun or smoked chicken. i said earlier that i don't like eating amougest a bunch of rowdys but I'm not apposed to to owning a place where others can.:giggle: I figure Cajun food,music,drinking and dancing should go over big ow days. i figure the smoked chicken place would cycle meat through pits at rate that would sell fresh but no access left over. When it's gone it's gone until another batch come's out of the pit. In the interim we serve baked spice chicken which cook's can keep pace with. Oh what the h,,, we will advertise at closing time chicken's on the house if you buy our $10 drinks until everthing is gone. Wonder what I should na,,,,:cautious:

/ This is tragic #29  
Right! Now you clued me in ;) . . . had to go back a few more years Dennis . . .(y).

/ This is tragic #30  
Yea,that's how they operated here. There was a time when you got 1 trip,served yourself and piled on as much as you liked for one price. I was glad to see that change. People sticking a finger in to taste before taking,kids getting 3 deserts,eating 1 and throwing other 2 in floor. There's a few places where you can eat all you can stand:oops: but those aren't for me either.
I have no desire to open or invest in a restaurant but if I did I might see if there is a niche for Cajun or smoked chicken. i said earlier that i don't like eating amougest a bunch of rowdys but I'm not apposed to to owning a place where others can.:giggle: I figure Cajun food,music,drinking and dancing should go over big ow days. i figure the smoked chicken place would cycle meat through pits at rate that would sell fresh but no access left over. When it's gone it's gone until another batch come's out of the pit. In the interim we serve baked spice chicken which cook's can keep pace with. Oh what the h,,, we will advertise at closing time chicken's on the house if you buy our $10 drinks until everthing is gone. Wonder what I should na,,,,:cautious:
Yum! now that does sound really good jaxs.