Third function-diverter- or something different?

/ Third function-diverter- or something different? #1  

MadJack

Silver Member
Tractor
86 Ford 2110 4x4
Since I can't find all the old(er) threads on this topic, and I may be buying a new valve body any way... would this work?

[adding a grapple]

Buy a 3-spool valve with float (on the left lever), then plumb the center lever for the bucket tilt (as usual), then plumb the third lever/spool opposite or reversed so when I pull the two right hand levers back, the grapple closes and when pushed the grapple opens.
Simple, and a whole lot cheaper than frigging around spending money I don't have.

Is this even a possibility?

/ Third function-diverter- or something different? #2  
   / Third function-diverter- or something different? #5  
Yes you can use a 3 spool valve for running the loader and grapple. Each lever will independently run a function. Make sure that valve has power beyond capabilities if you need to run 3 point down stream of this valve.

/ Third function-diverter- or something different?
Yes you can use a 3 spool valve for running the loader and grapple. Each lever will independently run a function. Make sure that valve has power beyond capabilities if you need to run 3 point down stream of this valve.
Thank you.
The 3-point hitch is hard lined in from the factory.

/ Third function-diverter- or something different? #7  
It's preference thing but I like float on all spools, it makes life much easier when connecting and disconnecting hydraulics.

/ Third function-diverter- or something different? #8  
Thank you.
The 3-point hitch is hard lined in from the factory.
Madjack
How many lines or hoses are connected to the existing loader valve? If seven it has power beyond option.

/ Third function-diverter- or something different?
Six.
I had to go look.
The tractor is an 86, and the loader is a Du-Al 110 I just converted to quick attach. The original valve is very floppy and needs attention, but I figure a new 3-spool would suit me current needs logging and milling.

/ Third function-diverter- or something different? #10  
Sure, no reason that wouldn't work as long as you pay attention to Power Beyond or not as indicated. It won't be as convenient to operate as a joystick, but all a joystick is 2 valves in a different setup. A valve is a valve...