The best deal that you missed out on?

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #11  
My grandparents had a small cottage on an island with 2 lots, a nice smooth rock beach for swimming, in a cove, so no boat traffic. They bought it in the 50's for $8000. They sold it when I was 16 years old in 1977 for $42,000. Just two more years later I would have bought it from them. It's valued just under half a million today. :(

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #12  
At a pawn shop helping my grandson look for a shotgun,I spotted a rifle like I always wanted. Worth ever penny marked on tag but I offered less. Clerk went to ask boss and boss came over,took rifle to back so it could be re-priced higher. I really wanted that rifle so I stopped in a week later thinking boss was only being a smart ***** and rifle would be displayed for origional price. Nope,price on it was over 50% more than it was first time. I didn't haggle,paid the man and have really injoyed the gun. That happened over 15 years ago but the grandson still gig's me about it.

/ The best deal that you missed out on?
Ouch this thread is already getting painful. That dump truck, trailer, and backhoe for $5,000 sounds like the leader so far.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #14  
Not really a "deal", but seems like this may fit: I have always loved classic Mustangs; in fact, my first car back in the early 80's was a '69. Prior to that, my dad, aunt, and grandmother each bought a brand new Mustang in 1965. The only one that kept their car through the years was my grandmother.

When she passed in the mid-90's, she still had the car and it was in near mint condition with 80k original "grandmother miles". I had let it be known that if no one else in the family was interested in the car, I would buy it to keep it in the family. Being that it was my grandmother's and it was a '65 (same as my birth year) it would have significant sentimental value to me.

Sadly, I learned that the person handling the estate had sold the car to someone outside the family:duh: To say I was disappointed is an understatement. But then again, life is way to short to hold a grudge.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #15  
Missed a mini excavator, a Pel Job EB16.4 for €1200. Supposedly engines problems but still worth it. Could have replaced the engine or rebuilt the first one and sell it for €6k to €7k. But I was too late to get it.

Also missed a very nice and heavy duty metalworking cold saw for €120. It was a long trip and I took to long deciding whether I should go or not.

Probably missed more that I'm not remembering right now.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #16  
15 acres of land with a nice house and workshop. I put in an offer a day after it went up for sale. I offered the exact asking price. Was informed a few days later that the seller had accepted another offer. Made no sense. Small town, people talk. Found out later that the people who bought the place paid less than asking price. The reason "the seller" had accepted another offer is because the buyer went straight to the selling agent and had no buyers agent, so the seller's agent stood to make double commission on that offer. The seller's agent probably never told the seller about my offer. Next time I found a house I really wanted, I just went by myself, no buyers agent. Worked out well for me. But I paid the same amount for these 2.5 acres as what they were asking for the 15 acres. It was a really good deal. I really wanted that place. I won't even drive by it; makes me mad to see it.

Similar situation
Found a perfect farm in our home town exactly where we wanted to be with a wonderful AG property tax exemption. Wife and I are looking to downsize with kids in college. Missed on it when it first came up for sale 2 years ago. Our current home is larger with in law suite currently occupied with in law in dementia, so we couldnt move.
Property was instead purchased by a house flipper. I called him and asked him to please call me when house was complete or sell to me as is and we could make a deal. Fast forward a year and I learned he sold the house and never called me. :(
15 acres, open land, surrounded by wooded land, long driveway, 3500SF house with geothermal, horse barn and 3 acres fenced paddock, county permission to build 80x100 pole barn. Very tough to find small farms with exemption in my area. Its either a residential home with high taxes or a 100+ acre farm.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #17  
   / The best deal that you missed out on? #18  
I work for farmer when I was tadpole almost 10 years,farmer wanted to give to me 30 prime acres all I had to do was the legal paper work,I kept putting it off and one day got the call famer past away :( there was nothing in writing between us no mention in the will.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #19  
1959 Corvette, cream puff!

It was 1970, just out of high school and we knew the owner. Dad said nope.

Left home and soon after bought a 1960 POS corvette, maybe just to spite dad?

Got my draft lottery #. I was gone gone gone, Vietnam, here I come. Sold the car and hard top separately. Got more for the top then the car. The top paid for my 1st semester of college which bought me one of the last 2S student deferments.

/ The best deal that you missed out on? #20  
When you do nothing you have already made a DECISION.....