Thank You!

/ Thank You! #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
I appreciate all of the advice, suggestions and thoughts on buying a tractor.

I put a down payment on a TYM T574H with box blade, forks, and 3rd function. All of that for just under $32k. It should be here in a couple of weeks. Maybe by Easter.

Things that changed due to advice:
transmission - I had a big change in thoughts after listening to y'all and trying them; given that most of my work will be FEL related and wife will need it too...

dealer - I ended up going further away than expected, special shout out to @K5lwq and @EddieWalker for specific advice on dealers in our area;

size/HP - went a little bigger with the 55 HP turbo version rather than the 48 HP, partially due to getting HST

brand - prior to finding TBN, I didn't really know about TYM. I looked at 14 brands and 3-4 times that many models (ok, probably 10x). The integration of Branson just sealed the deal as it gave me more confidence in the long term brand and widened the possible dealers.

My advice to those looking to buy -

take your time, this should be a rare purchase, so take the time to get it right.

Where to start - figure out the tasks you need done and then find tractors that can handle them efficiently (and in your budget).

Broaden your choices - don't go in looking at just the nearest or familiar brands. There are a lot of good tractors out there.

Know when to ignore advice - we all have bias. Most people tend to like the brand they chose (shocker) and people here are great, but don't have your budget in mind (in general, we all prefer to spend other people's money)

Be open to new things. Most of us out here are not especially young. We tend to be stuck in our ways. Don't follow advice blindly, but use it to broaden your views.

Ultimately, it feels like everyone here (well, almost) genuinely wants to help and is sincere in the advice given.

Thanks again to TBN and the members herein.

/ Thank You! #3  
Congrats on your purchase.
TYM574 would have been my choice if I had bought new.
Keep us posted on how it does.

/ Thank You! #4  
Congratulation! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it working!

/ Thank You! #5  
Congrats on your new purchase.

Budget? That’s funny and if you didn’t have a budget we easily could have doubled what you spent.

/ Thank You! #6  
Congrats and we need pictures! BTW - TBN is a wealth of knowledge. The amount and depth of experience is vast. But as frugal as most members are, we are not shy about spending other people's money!

/ Thank You! #7  
That is a great deal. I could have saved about $2k on my 4820H by heading to Texas.

I cannot wait to see the delivery and your uses for the tractor. When our winter finally ends, I’ll be posting up more photos and thoughts on the 4820H.

You had to one up me on HP… didn’t you? 😂 I too struggled with transmission types, but after driving the HST with the auto throttle, or HydroMax transmission, I was hooked.

Congrats!

/ Thank You! #8  
I appreciate all of the advice, suggestions and thoughts on buying a tractor.

I put a down payment on a TYM T574H with box blade, forks, and 3rd function. All of that for just under $32k. It should be here in a couple of weeks. Maybe by Easter.

Things that changed due to advice:
transmission - I had a big change in thoughts after listening to y'all and trying them; given that most of my work will be FEL related and wife will need it too...

dealer - I ended up going further away than expected, special shout out to @K5lwq and @EddieWalker for specific advice on dealers in our area;

size/HP - went a little bigger with the 55 HP turbo version rather than the 48 HP, partially due to getting HST

brand - prior to finding TBN, I didn't really know about TYM. I looked at 14 brands and 3-4 times that many models (ok, probably 10x). The integration of Branson just sealed the deal as it gave me more confidence in the long term brand and widened the possible dealers.

My advice to those looking to buy -

take your time, this should be a rare purchase, so take the time to get it right.

Where to start - figure out the tasks you need done and then find tractors that can handle them efficiently (and in your budget).

Broaden your choices - don't go in looking at just the nearest or familiar brands. There are a lot of good tractors out there.

Know when to ignore advice - we all have bias. Most people tend to like the brand they chose (shocker) and people here are great, but don't have your budget in mind (in general, we all prefer to spend other people's money)

Be open to new things. Most of us out here are not especially young. We tend to be stuck in our ways. Don't follow advice blindly, but use it to broaden your views.

Ultimately, it feels like everyone here (well, almost) genuinely wants to help and is sincere in the advice given.

Thanks again to TBN and the members herein.
that's it, i'm never speaking (texting) to you again because you did not buy a Mahindra!

LOL good luck, it sounds like a great tractor.