Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #31  
I do have a plastic part another MF GC owner made, but I find just pushing down when needed gets the flail to cut pretty even and I have lots of rolling hill type areas.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #32  
Oh? What subcompact has a proper position control? Where is the win?

Are you referring to the plastic thing the Deere 1 series has? That's a disappointment at best.

You can build something as simple that will hold better with parts from a hardware store.

I'm not even a Massey fanboy, you've just picked a ridiculous thing to bump an old thread over.
Yanmar has it, John Deere has it I think Kioti 20 series has it., its a win if your box blading or pulling plow or tiller Grading and want to come back to the same height..

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #33  
CUT vs, SCUT ?

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #34  
Yanmar has it, John Deere has it I think Kioti 20 series has it., its a win if your box blading or pulling plow or tiller Grading and want to come back to the same height..

It's a half-assed system that easily bumps out of place; I had to modify it on my 1025 to actually hold. Again, this is something you can build using parts from your local hardware store. It's a mediocre substitute for a true position control. I used to pull mine out of the fender on a regular basis before I beefed it up. Anyhow, the point I think I'm trying to get at is that you can put together your own, no matter what tractor you buy. They're simple, and held in place through pressure.

That said, Kioti, using a twist knob, seems to be fairly secure- though it is hard to use with gloves. I don't remember the details of the Yanmar SCUTS.

It's not something worth dismissing the machine over, especially given it's other positive attributes.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #35  
Its recommended that you engage your PTO at low engine RPM's and then raise the throttle once engaged to reduce/minimize system shock & #/stress vs engaging with the engine throttle up high.
I do that with my front mount snowblower and it works fine, no appreciable drivetrain stress. However, with a high inertia implement like a rear mount chipper shredder the engine will die unless the RPM’s are up. There is a throttle lag so trying to immediately give the engine more fuel when the PTO is engaged at low RPM still results in the engine dying. I have to start the chipper shredder at about 2,000 RPM which results in way more of a shock to the system than I’d like.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #36  
Oh? What subcompact has a proper position control? Where is the win?

Are you referring to the plastic thing the Deere 1 series has? That's a disappointment at best.

You can build something as simple that will hold better with parts from a hardware store.

I'm not even a Massey fanboy, you've just picked a ridiculous thing to bump an old thread over.

I believe only the 1025r has it. The 1023 does not. That’s the only subcompact I know of that has position control. Position control was one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade from my GC2300.